Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sample Beat Lock and speaker to headphones setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

S1kickHome userMember since 2009
Hi i play around with virtual dj a lot and i got the version 6 or so, but i'm having trouble with the samples. they never lock onto beats from any of my songs although in the sample menu it says (beat lock and sync on beat) but apperently it doesn't work is there a trick to it or do i just have to have the right timing, cause its almost impossible to get it right.

Also i have trouble setting up my headphones, either they play exactly the same as the speakers, or they get the settings from the speaker and the speakers are set up as headphones, if that makes any sense. anyway I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 7:54 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
In Order to use the headphone previewing mode with Virtual DJ, your soundcard need to be multi-channel ( 4.1 or 5.1 for example) and have the appropriate connections.

a) Check that your sound card’s speaker mode is set to 4-channel or 5.1-channel, using the sound card's own control panel or at worst through Windows SOUND AND AUDIO PROPERTIES.

b) Connect your headphones to the rear speakers connector on your sound card (black connector on most sound cards).

c) Launch VDJ. For Sound Setup, configure as follow:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone > Master Chan 1&2 / Headphone Chan 3&4

-Soundcard: Your soundcard's name

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 9:21 am
S1kickHome userMember since 2009
I already have tried that. I played around with the soundcard settings in the actual Realtek HD audio manager and with virtual dj settings. Alle that i can get out is that it's reverse. like the speakers do what the headphones are supposed to do and the headphones play as regular speakers. it is really weird.

Also i have tried the settings that you have told me and it still doesn't work.

Although i already have figured out how to make my samplers sync on the songs, so i won't need an answer for that anymore. to be honest it was really easy but apperently I have always overseen that option. when you click on that little icon where u can set the setting for the sample you just have to click the match pitch button and than they keep on the beat.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 7:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)