Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: will ANY mixer work with virtual dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i have recently learned that any turntable will work with virtual dj... now i am wondering... will any mixer work with virtual dj too? and how do tcv work? i dont understand

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 2:50 am
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes any mixer will work. The time code is basically a timing signal that is decoded by VDJ to know how fast the vinyl (or CD) is spinning and its relative motion (forward or reverse) by looking at this signal the pogram knows whioch direction the table is spinning and how fast and adjusts the song to match accordingly.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 2:54 am
how are songs loaded to tcv

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 2:58 am
The songs arent loaded onto the TCV. They are synced to the TCV signal from the Turntables and sent out to the mixer.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 3:03 am
so if i get 2 turntables (regardless) and any mixer, and to tcv's i will be able to play all the songs on my comp, on the turntables, and use the mixer, and have everything work... for sure?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 3:06 am
you'll also need an ASIO compatible soundcard with 2 ins and 2 outs so that the 2 turntables connect to the line Ins and the line outs will connect to the mixer.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 3:07 am
is that guarenteed to work? and how much is it?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 3:10 am
yes its guarenteed to work, many of us have some sort of Time Code set up. Price will depend on what gear you decide to buy.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 3:13 am
how much is the soundcard?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 3:14 am
There are only a couple of recomended cards that are guarenteed to work:
The maya 44 usb soundcard runs from 100-150$ US, and the M audio delta series sound cards around 150$ US

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 3:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)