Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need help with hardware upgrade

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey,

I have the herc DJ console, and am thinking of upgrading. I’m on a tight budget. I’m pretty sure I would need a new soundcard (my PCI one cost £3 lol) so any recommendations? Would it be best to get a cheap turntable and then a timecoded vinyl, or save up for a XP10 (or 2), an a cheap mixer, (or do they only work with the UC33e)? I wanna be able to scratch better than is possible with the DJ console, and from what I gather the cheapest way to do this is via timecoded vinyl, but I assume I’d need a new soundcard to accommodate the turntable (my PCI one only has 3 outputs and a mic in and line in socket, the same style as the analogue out at the back of the console) and could I still use the dj console as a mixer and as the 2nd deck?

Thanx in advance

Olly

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 9:28 pm
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use Time Code CD so I can't vouch for what is better xp10 or TCV, but equipment wise:

If you intend to go TCV then you'll need the turntable(s), mixer plus a sound card that supports ASIO. The recommended cards are the MAYA 44 USB (for lap tops) or the Delta series from M-Audio(44 and 66? Not sure on exact numbers). You can pick up a maya 44 usb soundcard for between 100-150 $US.
If you go for the XP10's they have sound cards built in and you'll only need to plug them into the the mixer.

For an actual opinion of which is better do a search for TCV, Time Code, XP10 and you'll be able to read other peoples reviews of each system. There are even a few guys who have tried both.

Good Luck
Hope that helps...

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 9:40 pm
Maybe DJ Andre Landry can give a little review of his M-Audio Ozone soundcard/controller.

I have ordered one and should receive it within 2-3 weeks although in the meantime maybe he can post a better review then I since he currently uses one.

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 9:42 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Alright, thanks guys. u've both been a big help. I checked the forums earlier for opinions on both TCV and XP10s , and still undecided, am still searchin tho :o)

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 10:08 pm
Maybe

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 8:00 am

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 8:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)