Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: i need some advice on what to get

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i got the numark total control with the djio sound card, it was great to start off djing with, but i need better quality, and i want to be able to scratch and have it actually sound good.
i dont really want a control type thing anymore, i want like some tables that i can use with some timecodes. iv done some searching online and i found this:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009W5HU/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p267_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=145VB79C0KQJP78TEKKC&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846
but because of my lack of experience, i dont know if this will work with timescodes or not, or if i can hook it up to my computer for that matter. im not looking to spend more than a couple hundred bucks. if someone could point me in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated=)
o and that link, i can get that stuff for like $250-300, like i said im not looking to spend all that much

Posted Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 1:10 pm
My advice is simple:

Don't waste money on cheap & crappy turntables like those. You'll just get frustrated and when you try to sell them, nobody will pay anything for them.

Instead look for second hand Technics SL-1200's. They're a bit more expensive, but they are guaranteed to last. And even if you decide that you're not into DJ'ing after all, you can always find somebody willing to pay good price for them.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 5:46 am
yeah i understand that those arnt that good quality, im getting the 2 tables, and mixer for only $100 bucks. i dont have that much money to spend unfortunately

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 8:17 pm
wait! no thats not what im getting for only 100 bucks. this is what im getting for 100 bucks.

2 gemini xl-500 ll
direct drive manual turntablewith 10% pitch control
117v

ps676 pro 2 mixer
professional stereo preamp mixer.
with digital sampler

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 8:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)