Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: USB Mic and Visualization

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey there everyone,
I ve been with VDJ for quite some time now. Ive always just used it for DJ/VJing and Karaoke (w/ video projector). PC into the old Gigaport soundcard into the mixer. I dont use or have any other compatible hardware. I recently now play in a live band and use VDJ while on band breaks. This is what I am wondering. Is it possible to use a USB mic to capture the live band sound and use the video visualiations to our sound? If so, how do I go about this? Not much experience with anything else other than what I ues VDJ for. I know the possiblities are almost endless. I think this would make a very cool backdrop for the band if it works. Any help would be great.

Posted Sat 18 Jul 09 @ 8:39 am
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. I hooked my USB mic up and did not have much luck with it. Any thoughts?

Posted Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 11:56 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
if your not having luck with your mic input why not build up a set of images and vids that can be played through clipbank and use scotts random clipbank plugin to play the images, even stick on your own personnel messages to it as well... just a thought.

Posted Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 5:38 am
Yeah, If I cant get things figured out that would be a great option. Thanks for the tip on that. I just think it would be cool to have some visualizations going to the beat of the bands music. I was looking at these Hercules controlers. Dont know much about them. Do these have a mic input on them? Could not really tell by the quick peak I took at them. It seem there would be a way to hook up a mic through the computer and have the video effects respond to your voice. Anybody else, with an idea.

Posted Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 1:25 pm
How do you guys even get a USB mic to work through VDJ? Im still not getting it. Or is the USB Mic handled by something totally different?

Posted Sun 26 Jul 09 @ 9:58 am
Those of you that use the RMX Hercules. I see these have a Mic input. Does the mic feature completely bypass VDJ or does it run through there?

Posted Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 6:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)