Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: camera vtual scratch help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi there,
anybody who can let me understand how this camera virtual scratch work??? pls i apreciate....... thanks

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 8:16 am
you need some stuff :
1. a webcam (of course....lol)
2. a turntable
3. a vinyl record with high contrast center (best of all, half circle white, half circle black)

Then you need to place the webcam so that its "looking" at the centre of your vinyl record
Calibrate the cam, in the virtual dj settings

And then you are ready to go :)

It works - but of course its not like timecode vinyl, which works ALOT better :)

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 1:26 pm
or...

you can use the other way around

Place the cam over an area with little contrast....
Then draw a line at that area, calibrate your cam
And use your hand to scratch over the line...

works ok... but not as good as the "real" thing

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 1:27 pm
dj in norway thank you very much for helping me understand all this things, actually i am an amateur for this kind of feild ...thanks again... also if you dont mind i need help how to use shortcut on my keyboard as crossfader, like i want to use my left and right arrows... will you please help me thanks in advance...

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 9:20 am
use "page up" and "page down" :)
Buildt-in default keyboard shortcuts

If you dont like to use "page up" and "page down" for crossfader, tell me... And I'll descripe how you can assign it to other keys

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 2:04 pm
hi its me again... ive tried to use this page down and up on keyboard but the crossfader is not sliding left and right it doesnt work and ive checked my deffult keyboard shortcut but its empty.....sorry if my english is not right.....but i need help plsss..... thanks again.....

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 4:25 pm
Go here : http://www.virtualdj.com/download/shortcuts.xml and save it on VDJ directory

thats the default keyboard shortcuts

page up and down is moving the crossfader by default
And should work, if you download the default xml file above

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 4:42 pm
dj in norway.... wow youre great really thanks a lot thank you very much...well i hopr you dont mind if i asked so many questions next time....

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 4:59 pm
not at all ;) after all, thats what support team is here for :) and the many many dedicated users :) no worries, and happy mixing

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 5:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)