Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Integration Of Text Live or SMS Plugin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

While attending a small DJ convention here in Chicago over the last few days, I came up with an idea for a plugin and was wondering if there was any interest. Now I have to say that developing or doing the coding for such a plugin is a bit over my head, but never the less I think this would be a great idea. What if we had the ability to take requests, votes, and scroll user text messages up on video screens while playing our videos. While there are a few solutions out there to do just that, none are integrated with VDJ. As it stands you would need two computers and possibly some kind of video switch. I spoke with a guy named JR. Silva from TextLive here in the states and he mentioned there might be some interest from their end. So I had mentioned to him the fact that VDJ 6 is now more open sourced than ever. I think that these two products together could create such an over the top VJ and DJ solution for night clubs. Now it's not just about the visual eye candy of such a feature. More importantly it's about the text marketing potential of such a plugin. I'll bet that both programs VDJ and TextLive could be running on the same PC. Maybe even bundled together as a new suite to be marketed to night clubs. These same nightclubs that are currently paying third party companies a premium to send out SMS Blasts. Also this would insure that their client lists were kept private and in-house, not to be shared with their competition. Maybe some of the VDJ Teamers could chime in here and let us know what they think! I think this would set us so much farther from the competition that every Serato, Tractor, PCDJ using night club would have to take notice! But it's just an idea.........

Posted Wed 15 Jul 09 @ 3:44 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
well not to sound flippant but do you read much on these forums, for a start one of the main plug in developers scott (sbdj) is busy on such a project but owing to personnel time constraints it's not as further along the line as he hoped i believe at this moment in time, but when time permits i bet he will crack on with that and a million other projects that people demand from him, read the posts and open your eyes you'd be amazed at some of the stuff available on the forums...

Posted Wed 15 Jul 09 @ 8:23 pm
Tayla,
Thank you for your reply I now found the other thread.

Posted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 2:37 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hehe, no probs, i hope you don't think it was a side swipe at you... cheers

Posted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 4:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)