Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Multi-instance

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jvg123PRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Mon 13 Jul 09 @ 5:17 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
jvg123 wrote :
What do you need to make the skin work?

A Pro license and decent PC. Once installed you can "synce" all four "players" in VDJ. The one downside to the multi-instance skin is only two decks can be controlled at a time, via a USB controller like the RMX.

Posted Mon 13 Jul 09 @ 5:42 pm
i heard you can control all 4 decks you just need 2 controllers and 2 sound cards. Is this true? I already have two midi controllers, i just purchased the numark virtual vinyl and some turntables and a mixer, so i would have one of my midi controllers for the first two decks and the turntables/mixer/time-coded vinyl for the other two decks. I would also have that sound card that comes with the virtual vinyl then does my mac book pro have its own sound card? cuz that would mean i would have two sound cards one in my mac book pro and my external numark sound card.? I don't really know. Will i be able to control/mix the audio and video on all 4 decks with the multi instance skin, be able to scratch on 2 of thos decks with the virtual vinyl, with the equipment i just purchased/own?

Mac book pro

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.27f1
Serial Number (system): W884018FYJY
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

numarks virtual vinyl: comes with 2 time coded vinyl records, a sound card and virtual dj

numark tt1650 turntable
some gimini turntable
numark M1USB mixer
Akai MPD32

Can i do it with this? Help/advise would be sooooo appreciated thanks =)

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 3:37 am
DAM IT ok so i started like 4 threads asking if the multi instance skin is possible with mac and nobody said anything that it is only for PC now that i bought the software and was able to see that its only for pc thanks every body you failed me =( any body no where i can get a the multi instance skin for mac like this one here??

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/967/Multi-Instance_Skin_variations.html

Posted Fri 17 Jul 09 @ 6:24 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Most skins are cross-platform. You could install the skin on a PC and copy it over to see if it works. I've never tried multi-instance on a mac, and my mac is currently in storage so I'm unable to help. Sorry.

Posted Sat 18 Jul 09 @ 8:51 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi jvg123,

As SBDJ already mentioned, you could use a pc and zip it up then bring over to mac and create archive etc.

See my blog for more detail.

Install skin

Give it a try and all the best;)

Kind regards;)

Posted Sat 18 Jul 09 @ 9:18 am
From your other thread:

jvg123 wrote :
Hey there is a way to get 4 decks with virtual dj and its the MULTI-INSTANCE_SKIN_VARIATIONS.

Here is a link to the description and download page

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/967/Multi-Instance_Skin_variations.html

i haven't had the time so far to mess with this skin so i don't know much about it which is why i started the forum
If you have used it i want to hear from you. How it works? HOw to get all 4 decks in sync with each other? Can you use it with virtual dj 6? Can you control it with one controller? or do you need two? Are you scratching? video? with time codes? what sound card?

Any and all info on this skin would be dope

thanks =?

Multi-Instance probably isn't that widely used, and you only gave it a day. Also in future please refrain from posting multiple threads on the same topic - one will just get locked. Please also be polite in your posts.

It works.

If using MI, personally I get all 4 decks in sync the same way I do with two - by manipulating whatever control method I am using till they are in sync. I don't use auto sync so can't comment on that across MI.

You can use it with VJD6.

You need two seperate control methods and two seperate sound cards.

You can scratch all 4 decks with video and timecodes if you want.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 4:28 am
Hi, I'm using a BCD 3000 and when I open up the second instance I get the "Error in the ASIO sound driver" error message. Is there something I need to do?

Thanks,
Paul.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 5:43 am
As in my above post, you'll need to specify a different soundcard for the second instance.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 8:47 am
Yo SBDJ thanks man answered all my questions. Sorry if i came off aggressive i meant to be nice. Getting my second sound card in the mail this week will try it out. Almost to my dream set up. I am pumped. Thanks again =?

Posted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 2:35 pm
One thing to note with video is that the two seperate instances will run video seperately...

Posted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 3:29 pm
"the two seperate instances will run video separately"

What do you mean by that? Like i will need two separate projectors? or What?

Let me know and thanks

Posted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 8:26 pm
Am I correct in thinking that as a radio.virtualdj.com dj, I couldn't use the multi-skin capability?

Paul.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 8:41 pm
jvg123 wrote :
What do you mean by that? Like i will need two separate projectors? or What?

Let me know and thanks

It is possible to run 4 decks with video. However VDJ won't mix the 4 decks; you'll get 2 sets of mixed decks - one from each instance. This gives you two seperate video outputs which you can do with as you please.

djspangled wrote :
Am I correct in thinking that as a radio.virtualdj.com dj, I couldn't use the multi-skin capability?

Well I guess you could take the audio out from the 2 instances, mix them with a proper mixer, feed that back into a line-in and broadcast that using a shoutcast client - the same as you would using an external mixer with one instance?

Posted Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 4:28 am
Thanks for that, yes, there IS that Line In radio button. Time to draw a picture, the wiring could get interesting.

Paul.

Posted Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 4:58 am
some sound cards have a recording channel called "What you Hear" use this insted of line-in
and set your 2 instances to use the same card (but not if youre in ASIO mode)

Soundblaster 5.1 can do this without the need for a mixer. (and only costs <£10)

Posted Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 8:37 am
Lovely, more ideas. I've got an Audigy 2 inside the box as well as a BCD3000 outside & I've seen a What u Hear with it.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 10:08 am
djspangled wrote :
Lovely, more ideas. I've got an Audigy 2 inside the box as well as a BCD3000 outside & I've seen a What u Hear with it.

Thanks.

Mines an Audigy 2 NX (usb). i dont use ASIO or anything fancy like that, and this simple box supports as many instances as my PC can open.

but i should also point out to mix from insance 1, deck 1 to instance 2, deck 1.. the two players are on the front speaker channel, so just watch out for this, as are the 2 deck 2's (both on the rear speaker channel), too.

Posted Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 12:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)