Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, i recently downloaded virtual dj, and i must say, it is much better than traktor if it wasn't for just one problem.
when i play a song on any deck at the normal bpm, everything sounds perfect, but as soon as i beatlock or syncplay another track ( in other words, when I adjust the BPM), there is a serious quality loss, mostly the beat sounds different every 2-3 seconds
I've got a soundblaster live DS soundcard and a P4 1 GHz 256RAM.
I think my pc is too slow but I'm not sure.
Does anyone have the same problem, or know how I can fix it?

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 2:35 pm
there should not be any such issues...

a wild guess is that syncing the 2 beats on top of eachother makes the sound louder, and the LIMITER kicks in. Please go to fame settings and turn off limiter, see if that helps

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 4:21 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's the Time Stretch (known also as Master Tempo) algorithm that sadly has low quality. Go under Fame Settings > Time Stretch and select "disabled".

You do have a little slow PC though. Mine is 1ghz with 348 RAM and can sometimes cause some skipping, but most of the time unnoticable. I do recommend at least 512 RAM and faster CPU if possible. Works much smoother with my laptop @ 2.6 ghz & 512 RAM.

Regards.

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 6:00 pm
i tried both things, and it seems that the time stretch was the problem.
Thanx, now i can finally mix good again héhé :)

Posted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 12:27 pm
Good to hear... :)

Hopefully you will soon buy the program if you like it :) the cracked version v205 is both a bit outdated, and likely to have bugs...

Hope to see you as a full member

Posted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 4:57 pm
Damn you guys are good.

Another satisfied Crack Head!

MS

Posted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 4:58 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's a great feeling, isn't it? ;)

Posted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 7:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)