Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: not saving BPM scan?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

FuskitPRO InfinityMember since 2009
well its just like the title says, I just spent 4 hours running a BPM scan on ONE of my folders of music, and closed cue afterwards and reopened it and they weren't saved. some of them were there (the songs I play the most and it scanned them when I was playing them). how can I fix this issue? is it cause I am an LE user or something? someone help.

Michael

Posted Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 4:36 am
anyone have an idea? anyone at all? honestly is it cause I am an LE user or is it something else?

Michael

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 1:27 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Being an LE user shouldn't stop you from saving BPM info. Have you been able to save any BPM info at all or did this just happen during that one long scan? Ensure your file permissions are set correctly on the database stored on the drive you've got your folders on.

I've an ongoing issue in another thread where I lose some tracks' BPM info when adding new stuff, but that sounds like a different issue to yours...

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 7:36 am
well the songs I play the most the BPM is saved on them I think because I played them. but the others its not saving after I did the scan. I just checked my other folders I scanned the same night (before the long one) and they didn't save either. how do I check my file permissions on the database if that is the problem?

Michael

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 8:55 pm
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Fuskit wrote :
well the songs I play the most the BPM is saved on them I think because I played them.

If you click on a folder containing a song you've already played, you should see the BPM data for it in the browser window (assuming you've selected BPM as a column to display - right-click on column headings to enable/disable various column headings).

Fuskit wrote :
but the others its not saving after I did the scan. I just checked my other folders I scanned the same night (before the long one) and they didn't save either. how do I check my file permissions on the database if that is the problem?

Go to the MyDocuments\VirtualDJ folder and right-click on it (using Explorer!), look at the folder's properties and ensure the Read Only flag isn't ticked in the General tab. If it is, un-tick it and apply changed to all files/folders below it. You could also look at the Security Tab and check which users on your system have Read & Write access to it.

Do the same for each database file on each disk you have containing music - there will be a file called "Virtual Local Database Vn.XML", where "n" is 5 or 6, depending on the version of VDJ you've installed. (I can't actually remember if the name of the LE database follows the same naming convention, but it should be obvious to you when you look at the various drives you have). Again, you just need to ensure it's not flagged as Read Only and that whatever username you're using on your system has full (Read & Write) acces to it.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 9:43 pm
ok, I did that, now am I going to have to run the scan again? or should it do it automatically since the change (I have a feeling I know the answer to this). I checked the one on my lappy's HDD and it was set to read only so I changed it, and the one on the external wasn't but it didn't have permission I guess, so I set them all to write capable settings. I am going to go get my DMC2 and bring it in here so I can see if that helped, give me a few I will let you know what happened.

Michael

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 12:43 am
Vista or XP?? We need more info from you...

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 2:42 am
64 bit Vista. I got the problem solved. the one on the laptop was an easy fix, but the one on the external hard drive I ended up having to delete the database file and opening CUE and making sure it was set up right and it worked fine when I reopened CUE. I guess it had something to do with my free trial before I got my DMC2 when I was testing the software or something. but I have tested it on a few folders and it works now. Thanks for the help.

Michael

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 5:24 am
hey im having the same problem they dont stay there but the ones i already played and it sucked well let me tell you how it started ran out of space on my 500 gigabyte external harddrive so bought a 1 terabyte external harddrive so i copyied all my music to the new external hdd thinking every thing would stay the same but it did not so i was ok with that so i just scanned my new external hdd and it took 7 full days none stop of scanning so by the time it was done it had all the bpms but i exited out and came back the next day and not all of the songs had there bpms so please help

Posted Wed 29 Jul 09 @ 12:18 am
ok, there should be a database file for VDJ on the new hard drive. just open it up (computer>drive) and you should see something that says like "VirtualDJ Database v.X" "X" being your version. right click it, select "Properties" and make sure that its not set to "read only". if it is (you will probably have to be logged into an administrator account for this and set it up for your normal logged on account to do this) just check off "read only" so it has the ability to write new data into the file. any more questions let me know.

Michael

Posted Wed 29 Jul 09 @ 7:10 am
For anyone who cares. Same thing was happening to me. Well, it just happened. I was up last night rearranging music and scanning new tracks. This morning while setting up I notices that nothing saved! so what I did was exit out of Virtual DJ and Ejected my Hard drive. Plugged the hard drive back in. Then opened Virtual Dj and everything was back how I left it last night.

Also, this morning I had opened virtual Dj first. Then I plugged in my Hard drive.

So try plugging in your hard drive first then open up virtual dj. It might not hurt to wait a second or two before you open virtual dj.

Hope it works for you!

Posted Fri 07 Oct 16 @ 4:21 pm
Did you see the date of Michael's post ?!?

Posted Fri 07 Oct 16 @ 6:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)