Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Transferring Songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just tested the Demo version of VDJ, and I currently use I tunes as my default for music files. After installing VDJ, I scanned for my songs all they show but have a yellow question mark as if the files are not recognized in the current format. I wanted to test the Demo vesion before buying the product. I've been DJaying the old fashion way for a long time. Does the full version contain files which recognize all type song? HELP!

Posted Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 4:02 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yellow question mark by the name is just a reference for non-analized tracks, so after you play them once or right-select the "analize" menu VDJ remembers tracks' info.

As long as they are in wma, wav, or mp3 (cbr, don't use vbr) format, they will be recoginized normally. Load them on a deck and it should work.

Regards.

Posted Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 10:24 am
Thanks. I am getting ready to try to play songs from my ITunes Playlist on VDJ again before the trail version expires............
DJ Will..........

Posted Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 6:05 am
full version will play Itunes songs (mp4), mp3 of any format (cbr/vbr) and more...

The issues some had with vbr is fixed in the upcomming version 2.07

Posted Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 3:27 pm
Andre,

Were you able to play the I-tunes?

Posted Fri 15 Apr 05 @ 9:19 pm
I am still able to play the songs in my iTunes program folder but I can't play any songs other than the samples sent with the VDJ program. It's almost as if my music files are not recognized by VDJ. Itunes uses .m4a if I am correct. I am not able to play any of my songs using VDJ. Only the sample songs will play. I don't think that VDJ recognizes my 8,546 songs. I still need help.
Thanks Cpt Rick

Posted Wed 27 Apr 05 @ 4:33 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ-in-Norway is usually right on the money, so I could be wrong, but my understanding is that MP4's are not supported. When I first bought VDJ I had many songs that were from i-tunes. In had to burn a CD with the songs from i-tunes and then rip them back to mp3's to get them to work in VDJ. Do you have this problem with any songs that aren't from I-tunes/mp4? If you don't, then I think I'm correct in saying that.

Posted Wed 27 Apr 05 @ 7:47 pm
Guys hello

I' am a newcomer in the VDJ world. Recently I bought the 2.06 version.

Trying to fix the songs database, I had the following problems:
1) After scanning the HD, the songlist had only MP3 songs (all others, most in WMA format, were excluded)
2) All songs, in WMA format, were displayed in the VDJ default skin desktop, with half duration time.
Relatively sort was also the playing time
3) The internal database file in the Virtualdj. file could not open due to probable corruption (as stated in a message in the acrobat reader desktop, since this file was posted as an attachment and it was not decoded properly)

I would appreciate If somebody helps me solving the above problems

Posted Thu 28 Apr 05 @ 12:54 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi chrispad...:o)

Ok, i'm new myself to this, so bear with me and i'll tell you a thing or two i've learned. I've had similair problems myself and have written a thread about it ("Okay...what's going on now?")

On your first question, when you search your database for your songs, don't limit the search to mp3 files only. this should bring up ALL the sounds it finds on your system, including windows sounds and some other guff that's on your system too.

Secondly, the duration time is an issue apparently with WMP 10 on your system. I was advise to uninstall WMP 10 and go back to 8 or 9. For me i had to reinstall windows (make a backup of all your important info first!!!). You could try this, but check below before doing anything.

Thirdly, I uninstalled the system as much as possible. Take out the program, registry key, prefetch entry and reinstall WHILE CONNECTED TO THE NET. Then search your system for tracks (don't limit the search to mp3's) and that should bring everything up. Go into the directory you keep all your tracks on and right click on ONE track. Click properties. At 'Opens with...', click Browse and change from whatever's there to 'Virtual DJ'. Reboot the system (don't really know if this is entirely necessary - but it might be a good measure) and go back into VDJ. Then go into your music on the left hand side and click, hold and drag a track onto a deck. (You can see all my info on that thread i've mentioned above). While this worked for me, i don't know if it will work for everybody. I'm just a rookie myself to the world of VDJ but like i say, it seemed to work for me.

Might be worth a try mate...

Chris

Posted Thu 28 Apr 05 @ 11:33 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
With v2.06, you have to uninstall wmp10 to install wmp9. Or wait for the next release of Virtual DJ (v2.07)

Posted Fri 29 Apr 05 @ 2:06 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Thats good to know......someone was telling me to update.

Posted Sat 30 Apr 05 @ 6:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)