Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode works fine but loud hum

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

nikjamHome userMember since 2009
Hi,

I have an m-audio fast track ultra sound card , 2xCDJ 1000 mk3 a newmark DM2050 Mixer and i want to do the whole timecode cd thing.

Right then i've got the out of my CDJ connected to the in on my sound card channels 1+2 via rca cables with jack converters on the soundcard end. and i've got the out of my soundcard channel 1+2 going to my mixer, i open VDJ goto config selected 2 timecode/External mixer/My sound card.

All works fine i can use the pitch slider on my CDJ and it alters the pitch of the track playing in VDJ the cue/play/pause all work i can switch to vinyl mode scratch and everything works great but i've got a very loud tone/hum type sound over the top of the music.

any ideas anyone

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 1:45 pm
Are you using a power conditioner?

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 2:42 pm
i dont even know what one is so i would say no.

whats it for?

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 2:53 pm

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 5:11 pm
ah right will try that, when i stop the timecode cd the hum stops if that means anything. The hum is very loud

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 4:35 am
Right then i've been doing a few tests and the hum only occurs when i use the timecode cd when i connect my cdjs my mixer and my soundcard up noramally for djing with audio cds i dont get the hum and when i connect the cdj directly into the soundcard i dont get the hum so unless im missing something here i dont think this is a ground loop problem, if anyone has any ideas let mt know

Cheers

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 11:12 am
is it a like a humm or a EEEEEEE??? sound? if so that is the time code signal you need to lower the volume on the input side of your audio device.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 11:43 am
is it a like a humm or a EEEEEEE??? sound? if so that is the time code signal you need to lower the volume on the input side of your audio device.

You are a star m8 turned down the level in my soundcard settings and im cooking with gas. near perfect sound quality full controll of mixer and CDJ, no more burning disks for me.

Thanks.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 11:58 am
Glad to help..np :)

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 1:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)