Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using Headphone to preview track

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everybody, I'm completely new to using DJ softwares for live Djing. I have HP Pavilion laptop. I do not have much knowledge about sound cards. My problem is that I do not know hot to use my headphone to preview a track playing on one Deck while I'm playing the track on the other Deck through the loudspeakers. What type of usb sound card do I need to buy and what changes do I make in the settings ???
Please explain the things to me !!!

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 10:41 am
why don't you get the original vdj software, register & become a license user then we can all help. meanwhile, get the virtual vinyl sound card, it comes with a complete software and instructions to use. if u still have any problems, get back to me

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 6:05 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi mate

Assuming that you are using the trial vaersion you can go to Config/Sound setup and select from there. You dont say what sound card outputs you have or if you are using an external mixer so unless you provide this information I can't help you any further.

If you are using a laptop and it only has one stereo output you would realy need to look at an external sound card. You could look at the Maya 44 as a starting point. The Virtual Vinyl mentioned already would be annother option. You will need to look for a card with 2 stereo outputs or 3 if you are using the internal mixer or want to use the preview function.

Regards

Daz

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 3:53 pm
My HP Pavilion laptop has only one stereo output. Can someone tell me which sound card do i need to buy to solve my above mentioned problem ???

Posted Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 5:26 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
In Order to use the headphone previewing mode with Virtual DJ, your soundcard need to be multi-channel ( 4.1 or 5.1 for example) and have the appropriate connections, otherwise, as it is your case right now, you can only have 1 streo Output.

Here a a list of popular DJ soundcards:

http://www.djstore.com/group/soundcards.htm

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 8:05 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
until you get your soundcard sorted out and if you have a mixer you can use try this...

basically if you cant follow the clip

go to config

soundsetup

outputs > external mixer

soundcards > mono seperated

output channels give you white lead/left channel red lead/right channel to your mixer

you will have to use a y splitter for each channel to get dual inputs into mixing desk

this will only give you mono sound output

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 11:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)