Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Leveling Volume

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

FeelinHome userMember since 2005
Hi ppl!

A simple question: how do u guys level the coming track's volume 2 the 1 playing out loud? When I'm cueing the incoming track, the "gain" button doesn't work, and I can only level the volume in the headphones button, which as no interest in terms of putting both track with the same volume level. So, you guy's just look at the green vertical digital meter or what?

What about listening 2 the mix (both track) in your headphones, is it possible?

Finally, 4 those who had the chance of playing in CDJ1000 or similar, is there any plug-in that allows you to hear the same beat over and over again, "repetitively" when you hit pause and find your cue point with the joogwheel?

Thx and good mixing everybody!

Posted Wed 30 Mar 05 @ 3:40 am
yes yes and yes... :)

you can use autogain to make sure the song 1 and song 2 have the same level (fame setting)

you can hear both songs in headset by using headset_mix (slider in some skins or as a keyboard shortcut)

and yes... you can make loops just like CDJ1000. You do not need a plugin, all skins have such buttons, or you can use the keyboard keys from 1 to 9 (depending on loop lenght you want)

Posted Wed 30 Mar 05 @ 2:11 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The auto gain works fine.., just don't depend on it entirely, you have to do a certain part of it manually, this is because in some cases the gain match or auto gain wont be accurate enough, you may still notice a difference in volume, in this case an external mixer is most useful so that you may still maintain a high quality sound.

Unless you are useing virtual dj proffesionaly don't worry about it, for home just keep the gain below 0, I reccomend -3.5 to -6.

Bagpuss

Posted Wed 30 Mar 05 @ 7:07 pm
I find that the Gain on VDJ is not that accurate for hip hop. The best way is to use the meters on your external mixer and make them match.

Killabee44

Posted Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 5:02 pm
I Run all my files thru mp3 gain which does not normalise the music but makes adjustments the way the ear actually perceives volume, also checks for clipping as well.

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 12:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)