Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Request For VDJ Pro 6 Default Skin 1440x900 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is there a way one of you talented guys could knock out the new VDJ Pro 6 skin in 1440 x 900?

I used CStoll's and it is awesome but I'm having an issue with small font...it's my eyes guys and I already wear glasses. I'm trying not to strain them.

I used to have my screen resolution at 1024 x 768 and the size that VDJ was in maximized work well for me...the font size of the browser (folders on left, songs, sidelist, automix playlist-far right side, etc) is big enough that I don't have to strain my eyes. My native resolution on my laptop is 1440 x 900.

In short the reason I can't use the current VDJ Pro 6 skin maximized with 1440 x 900 is my cpu usage shoots up to 30-40 % when idle. I posted about this in other forums.

I'd really appreciate it if one of you talented skin developers could knock this out for me.

Thanks so much!

-Jay

Posted Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 8:10 am
try the skin resizing tool, i did mine firstly to 1280 x 900 to extend the browser then added borders to make it 1440x900 works great

Posted Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 11:31 am
I thought we didn't need the resizing tool with 6.0? I haven't tried that. I suppose I could to see if that works and keeps the cpu usage low when maximized.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 11:50 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
this may help, not sure if it will work in 6 to re size your font

Posted Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 12:08 pm
karaokekev wrote :
try the skin resizing tool, i did mine firstly to 1280 x 900 to extend the browser then added borders to make it 1440x900 works great

For some reason it's not working for me. For the output size I told it 1440 x 900. When I click on the X it gives me a different setting 1440 x something else..1080 I think. That wont work for my screen. When I click on "do the job" for 1440 x 900 it gives me an error "An error occurred when Taking care of Faders, please retry the process". I retry and have the same error. I went ahead and zipped up the files and when I change the skin in config the program pops up a box and then shuts down the software.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 12:26 pm
tayla wrote :
this may help, not sure if it will work in 6 to re size your font

Paul!! Thanks. That did work with the browser part however I'm after everything on the skin being larger font. Time remaining, time elapsed, etc. The default pro skin is what I would like to use maximized with my 1440 x 900 resolution, however when I load that to take up the full screen my cpu usage is 30-40% when idle. When I un-maximize it it's all too small.

The reason why I am after this is because last time I used the the default skin when my resolution was 1024 x 768 I had a freeze. I did not have any freezes last night when running native resolution. I had a rough time keeping track of remaining and elapsed time because the laptop wasn't as close as I could get it.

Changing the font size in the xml file for "remain" and "elapsed" works but can't view the entire times...its cut off at the bottom and elapsed only shows 00: and not 00:00.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 12:41 pm
Can someone helo out a poor sighted man? :)

Posted Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 12:08 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
glad it helped a little for you mate... sorry can't help with the rest, getting to be in the same boat myself.

Posted Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 5:43 pm
I too would like to have a native 1440 x 900 version of the the VDJ Pro default screen with as much browser space as possible. CPU usuage when maximised is stopping me too from using it.

Pity cause its one of the best skins out there.

Posted Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 7:45 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djjameslake wrote :
I too would like to have a native 1440 x 900 version of the the VDJ Pro default screen with as much browser space as possible. CPU usuage when maximised is stopping me too from using it.

Pity cause its one of the best skins out there.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8090/V6_Pro_Modified.html

Posted Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 1:23 am
I've tried that skin and just cant on with it. I dont like the section the right and find it too confusing.

All I need is an exact copy of the vdj 6 default widescreen pro skin but at a native resolution of 1440 x 900. I dont mind if the display is stretched horizontally but would prefer as much browser space as possible.

Posted Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 8:45 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have made a 1440x900 version of the Skin.
I still need to correct a few things on it, and then I will post it.

Posted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 3:49 am
aparsonPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djjameslake wrote :
I've tried that skin and just cant on with it. I dont like the section the right and find it too confusing.

All I need is an exact copy of the vdj 6 default widescreen pro skin but at a native resolution of 1440 x 900. I dont mind if the display is stretched horizontally but would prefer as much browser space as possible.

+1
Agree.

Posted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 11:13 am
JeremK wrote :
I have made a 1440x900 version of the Skin.
I still need to correct a few things on it, and then I will post it.

Thank Jeremy will be very much appreciated, if you could also change the colour of the karaoke icons to something like pink as well it would help as they are too similar in colour to the video icons in the browser then it would be perfect for me. :-)

Posted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 4:59 pm
i was thinking on the icons something more like on other skins, yellow speaker for mp3 blue for karaoke and the blue square mpg logo for video

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 3:39 am
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

1440x900 modified pro version:
in the upper right corner of the skin, there is a waveform displayed, but it only shows the wave of deck B, how can i get it to show also deck A?

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 5:31 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 7:29 am
karaokekev wrote :
i was thinking on the icons something more like on other skins, yellow speaker for mp3 blue for karaoke and the blue square mpg logo for video

The problem with that on a 1440x900 screen is that the icons are small and i find easily confused between karaoke and video. A distinct colour difference would be much better.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 4:52 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 2:46 am

Posted Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 4:03 pm
95%