Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Low Latency Mode Distortion

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I keep getting bad distortion when using my laptop in Asio low latency mode. I can go to advanced settings and configure the maya soundcard and everything works fine but the whole system lags horribly with time code because its not low latency mode. I've tried everything that I could find in previous posts with no luck, I am completely out of ideas, can anybody help?

Posted Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 3:42 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
paisan,

Could you give us some more about your system and how you have your Maya setup.
I use the Maya with a laptop and don't experience any issues with slow down.
Give us some more info to work with and might be able to help you troubleshoot your problem.

cstoll

Posted Wed 30 Mar 05 @ 2:35 am
Thank you for replying,my lap top is an E-machine m6805, AMD Athlon 64 Processor(1.8GHZ), 512MB Ram, the onboard sound card is a realtek ac97. I have my 2 denon S5000 going to the analog in of the maya 44, and the analog out going to my mixer. Ive done everything that has been suggested in older posts dealing with sound distortion:
-Ive downloaded direct x 9.c. and Maya driver 2.5.5
-Ive gone through and closed out every process not needed by VDJ using the black viper website
-Cleared up IRQ conflicts
-I bought a powered USB hub thinking there wasnt enough power to the maya
-I also did a couple of other system tweaks recomended

I've eliminated the maya being the problem because it works great on my desktop. I also used it coming out of my laptop as a regular sound card with VDJ and it sounded good, but when I switch to ASIO low latency mode I start hearing all of these beeps, pops, crackles.
While everything works fine with my desktop I really need to get this working with my lap top and I am completely out of ideas so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Posted Wed 30 Mar 05 @ 4:45 am
Ok,

Here is how my Maya is settup -
1. I am still using DirectX 8.1 and my Maya drivers are 2.5.0.

2. When I use the Maya44 Control Panel - Monitor In 1+2 and 3+4 are Muted, Input is at about 2/3 Full and Output is at Max (100%). When I close the control panel it keeps a service in the system tray - this is a Good Thing! Don't exit it, leave it running.

3. In VDJ, Config, Sound Cards tab, scroll to the bottom and select ASIO Low Latency Timecode

-Select the 'Maya44 USBAudio ASIO Driver' in the drop down

-Click on the ASIO Config... button
---USB Tab - Device Maya44, checks in Output and Input, Sample Rate - 44.1kHz, Resolution 16bit
---ASIO Tab - ASIO Resolution 24 bit, System performance - Highspeed, everything else default
---Controls Tab - Same as Line 2 above.
---Close

-Config Timecode left and right (my settings are identical)
---Gain is about 15-20% from left
---Silence is the same as Gain
---Now I use the Vinyl so here are where things get different -
-----Vinyl Users - check in Software RIAA
-----CD Users - Software RIAA usually not necessary
-----Invert Stereo or Phase checked if you plugged things in backwards.
-----Turntable - obvious choices

And that's my setup... When I test my signal in the configuration window, I get a wave that falls between the Gain and Silence sliders with a 100%

I hope all this helps as well as others.

cstoll

Posted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 2:21 am
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!

It was a combination of 2 things. I didn't have the asio latency on 24 bit, and I wasn't keeping the control panel open in the background. Wow! That has been kicking my butt since Friday night. I can't even begin to say thank you enough.

Paisan

Posted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 4:30 am
Excellent. Just remember, these settings don't stop the infamos crash that you have read about - which I hear will be addressed in the next update release.

My only advice with respect to the few issues in VDJ is that it is all about 'patience'. Even before VDJ, some of my biggest flops/crashes/train wrecks occurred when I got in a hurry. Same thing with PCs and any Software, the less patience you have -- the less tollerable the computer becomes.

Happy TimeCoding!!

cstoll

Posted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 6:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)