Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV, one sounds good, the other sounds distorted - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@dj kiteman -
Did you consider getting the ground loop isolator?[check my blog for explaination] I would still recomment getting two and using them between your Maya Outputs to you mixer. You never know when your power may go 'dirty'.

cstoll

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 12:39 am
Yes I did. I went to radioshack and they only had one. Thursday they will get the shipment and I will stop by and get the other. I just didn't want to use one w/o the other.
cstoll dont I hope you don't jinx me, "dirty power" is a bad word after the last 3 weeks!

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 4:09 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No I hope it is not a jinx. I think you tackled the problem well. Just a suggestion for tools to have in the tool bag.

cstoll

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 4:18 pm
cstoll, whiteDVL, killabbee44, technical, paisan, and all the rest of you guys...
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. I WAS ABLE TO GET THIS WORKING. I MADE MY FIRST CD YESTERDAY AND IT SOUNDS GREAT. I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I WAS WHEN I HEARD IT. THANK YOU SO MUCH. A MILLION TIMES - THANKS--- I FEEL LIKE A TEKKY NOW... HA!
REALLY GUYS... ONLY GOOD THINGS ONLY GOOD THINGS TO YOU ALL

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 8:21 pm
your welcome DJ Kiteman, now your next step is to produce some Demo CDs and hand them out to club owners to try and get you a resident spot!

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 8:32 pm
well funny as it sounds, this is all for that... i live in miami and my buddy's a club promoter.. he really likes my house CD and well mixing w/ VDJ is a snap really? Hip hop is a bit different bc you actually have to match beats manually but for the most part, it's a snap. Well he's been telling me he has a room for me at one of his clubs and I keep telling him to hold up til I get this system down, besides that, I'm nervous... I want to be ready so I don't blow it. That would be so cool, ... Im now tackling scratching but that is no joke... I do seem to have the wave form slip just a little bit with quick pull backs, etc... not that that makes a difference with my talent... im still no good at it... Do you happen to know the thread where they were talking about this so i can plug into it and read up.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 8:56 pm
you can always check out my FTP site which has a collection of videos of different scratchs you can do.

ftp://vdj:user@69.70.197.232

just copy and paste in any browser.

Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 11:47 pm
I'm pretty positive I know exactly what your problem was- Your USB port on the back isn't doesn't get as much power as the one on the front of your laptop. Cause remember- the maya44 HAS to be powered from the USB port. I noticed this one my laptop. I have a USB PCMCIA card that is "mildly" powered. The Maya gets enough power to run, but the sound is very quiet and the humming occurs. When i switch the maya to my USB port on my computer all problems are fixed. I think that when you switched to the USB port on the front, that is what solved it.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 8:00 am
makes sense to me. Ever since I did that no humm... thanks technical

Posted Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 5:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)