Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV, one sounds good, the other sounds distorted - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Does anyone have a clue why this would happen, using maya, vestax mixer, 1200's, latest driver 2.5 for maya, latest direct x, 512 processor speed. Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 9:27 pm
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
maya drivers are up to 2.5.5. I'm not sure if that will fix your problems. I know I wish there was another USB card to use because my maya is giving me headaches on my laptop.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 9:34 pm
Make sure you mute channels both 1&2 AND 3&4. Also- make sure everything is comin through line in, and not phono.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 9:48 pm
ok everything is muted, and when i get home i will switch mixer to the line in, and not phono. ill post my results tomorrow.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 10:08 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I also hear a distortion when using TCV, and i have the feeling that is worse in the left player.
I hear it in some vocals, and atmospheric sounds, saxophones etc.
Will post it at the bug forum.

Posted Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 3:29 am
Ok I changed it to line in but now the valume dropped considerably, like to the point of almost nothing w/o putting my speaker up alot. Do I need to go into configuration for quality? Any suggestions Technical?

Posted Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 7:25 pm
The way to set up TCV's is to go from your Maya's outputs to the line in and NOT the phono inputs on your mixer. That is the way it is done (good point TechnicalDJ).

I too believe you will get the distortion if using the phono inputs. Do you still hear the distortion now htat you switched to line in?

Posted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 4:59 am
well here's what i did. I got my brothers VDJ and his laptop, connected everything the exact same way. his sounds perfect using the my soundcard... when i put the system back the same exact way on my computer. the speaker has tremendous interference.
I set his up w/ my maya... hmmm... any clues... it sounds like a buzz.. very loud buzz in the background of the music that is playing.

Posted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 1:37 am
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 1:43 am
Sounds like you have a ground loop. The first thing I recommend it a connector that goes on the electrical plug of your components which eliminates the 3rd prong (the ground prong) from the cords. They are very cheap and available at any hardware store for less than a dollar. I have done it in the past with no problems but there is a small risk with your stuff not being grounded properly.

Also you can try a gound loop isolator. Radio Shack has one that they sell pretty cheap. Look into that one.

Killabee44

Posted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 4:47 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 8:13 am
do you think this would eliminate my low volume coming from my system.. .remember i can't hear the volume high in my headphones... but when i tested it on my brothers, all is well. sounds great.

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 8:47 pm
Not sure about the low volume in the headphones?
Are your headphones plugged into the mixer or into the PC?
You listed the mixer in your original post, and if your volume is low in the headphones through the mixer then your mixer may have issues.

cstoll

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 9:54 pm
yes the headphones are plugged into the mixer... but then when i took it all to my brother's pc.. using the exact same set up... it all worked perfectly. music was clear, and volume in headphones was great.
man, troubleshooting this thing is very frustrating. i mean the program is great but it's very hard and very technical to get this to work properly--- at least how i see it.... im hoping this is the beginning of a beautiful fairy tale that ends w/ me being able to get this to work.
mixer is brand new vestax samurai p-06

Posted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 11:24 pm
Would it be possible to take some pictures of your connections and maybe some screen shots of your settings? Especially pics of your connections.

I agree with you that if it is connected just as you connected on your brother's laptop it should not have the problems you are experiencing.

Here is a quick idea for your setup -- how about adding a self-powered hub for connecting your sound card? Maybe there is a problem with the right voltage getting to your card?? Just a thought.

cstoll

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 1:59 am
DirectX9.0c???

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 2:27 am
Ok,

Here is what I would do:

If you are not yet using XP or Windows 2000, then you should upgrade to one of those two operating systems. I am using XP Pro and have also used Win2k Pro. They both work great for sound apps and are the ones you should use for VDJ. Everything will run smoother. Then you will need to tweak them for sound. Do a search on google for "tweak windows 2000 for sound" or XP if that is what you are using. Then tweak your system and you will notice a hell of a lot of difference.

Killabee44

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 2:43 am
ok yes i got the direct x 9.0 c
yes i have Windows XP Pro.
I will defenitely do a search for that killabee... Thanks guys...the program doesn't skip, but bzzzzzzzzzzzzz... all night long.

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 7:26 pm
well that sounds like a ground issue although it can be many things and since I don't have TCV yet I can't really give an answer out on that.

Best of luck

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 8:55 pm
To all parties that have helped. THANK YOU!!!!!!!! No one is happier to report that my system works great!!!!! I was having the "ground issue" and it's gone. This is what I did. I first took the power away from the power cord and went direct to the outlet, which I will change shortly. Then I uninstalled the Driver 2.55 and changed USB ports. Instead of using the back of the computer to connect the MAYA 44, I used the front USB port to connect the Maya, then I installed the driver. Worked like a charm. It sounds great.
I am super happy to report this. I have one other post pending on the same forum "recording w/ TCV"
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=11105

If you guys can please take a look when you get the chance, it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

Posted Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 7:14 pm
69%