Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: crash using TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ closes when I try to backspin the record say for 5 seconds while trying to get back to a cue spot.
say im playing on deck 2, and i want to cue song one... i will backspin the record really quick to get it to the cue spot I want. When I do this, VDJ closes.
Obviously this is not good.

2nd crash occured more or less same scenario, but while holding the cue spot with my hand... i am kind of getting it ready to start on beat so im back and forth on that spot and then VDJ closes

i have 512 processor, maya 44, latest driver, direct x v 9c, tech 1200's, vestax mixer,
I really need to get this fixed asap.

any ideas

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 9:19 pm
Well this would be the crash everyone is talking about in the forums. just do a search for TCV crash and you'll see everyone's response to that. I'm hoping as well as many others that this issue will be fixed with the next update.

Best regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 9:30 pm
I'll read up but how on earth would a DJ take it to a gig? I hope someone can help me soon. I have a couple of things I can't do yet unfortunately. The program is great, really is cool but since I'm not a tekky im clueless. I've learned alot from the forums though which is a plus.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 9:54 pm
ok so now i see everyone has a problem... ok most people have the same problem.. i looked at a video and that's exactly what happens with me but worse.
at the beginning of the song.. whoa boy

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 10:54 pm
this might be fixed in next update :) hang around and see...

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 11:31 pm
im not going anywhere... not after investing in tables and a mixer... ill wait for the fix... thanks

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 11:54 pm
kiteman, this problem WILL be fixed in the next update, which will be out VERY soon. can you email me at anewsome@anewsome.com and I can suggest a workaround to use while you gig that will make you stable as a rock.

Posted Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 6:08 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@anewsome

Hope you don't mind, but I e-mailed you about sharing your work around. I have the famous "Poof" crash as I like to call it also. You know...Poof VDJ is gone.

Posted Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 10:00 pm
@anewsome

Hope you don't mind, but I e-mailed you about sharing your work around. I have the famous "Poof" crash as I like to call it also. You know...Poof VDJ is gone.

Posted Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 10:00 pm
hehe... anewsome got inside info i see ;) Guess becasue I asked Dev Team to contact you regarding your crash findings with TCV ;)

well, you should keep the secret to its out ;) hehe...

Posted Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 10:46 pm
Not keeping any secrets, just respecting the wishes of the support staff. No need to cause mass hysteria on the forums if an update is due soon. I think everyone will be much happier once these crash issues are resolved for good.

Posted Wed 30 Mar 05 @ 2:00 am
Dj kiteman,

I really think you should tweak and troubleshoot your pc since this crash might not be caused by the same problem.

Posted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 4:55 am
agree anewsome ;)

Posted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 3:39 pm
I'm having the same problems can somebody help me. I'm booked (djing) all this month and I'm starting to have the same problems.

And when do you think the new upgrade will come out

Posted Sun 03 Apr 05 @ 7:51 pm
very soon ;)

Posted Sun 03 Apr 05 @ 8:34 pm
I upgraded my ram from 512 to a gigabyte....haven't crashed using TCV since. Scratch at the beginning of the song, while another one is still loading, etc.. I think my version of the poof crash may have been solved and was just a ram issue :) I hope I didn't jinx myself.

Posted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 9:43 pm
upgraded my ram from 512 to a gigabyte....haven't crashed using TCV since. Scratch at the beginning of the song, while another one is still loading, etc.. es muy bueno

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 6:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)