Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: SKIN TO SKIN TO SKIN

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

marlonbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
IS THERE A SKIN THAT HELPS ALOT TO MAKE SURE U ARE MIXING ON BEAT WITHOUT SECOND GUESSING YOURSELF.......I FIND I AM NOT MIXING AS NEAT AS I WOULD LIKE TO ......HEEEEEEEEEELPPPP...SORRY FOR CAPS

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 3:56 pm
Well I'm of the school of thought that you should always learn to mix by ear first, but if you must beatmatch visually as far as I know every skin uses the 'beat grid', you just have to make sure the beat grid is adjust properly for the tracks you are mixing.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 4:31 pm
marlonbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i am a mix by ear dj....but of late ..just not hitting it...maybe its my settings

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 4:44 pm
I'm not sure how you use VDJ, but I know a few guys who had this problems years ago when they'd bought a mixer with a built in beatcounter / matcher. The problem was that they were watching the beats (i.e. the LEDs flashing) rather than just listening to them. When they covered it up, they started to use only thier ears again and the problem was solved. May use a skin with LESS visuals?!

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 9:11 pm
Hell, I still count and move my lips to the beat... haha

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 10:08 pm
You have to set a cue point (on beat) at the start of your song... this will help you hit on the beat that is playing... hope this helps!!

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 7:24 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
fatkatzdj wrote :

Same here;)

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 11:50 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
spinnaJ wrote :
fatkatzdj wrote :

Same here;)

And, bob my head....

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 11:52 am
To mix properly you will need a few things.

1. beat marker: easy to see. << match the bpm.

2. scratch: easy to see. << mix according to the sound

3. posiiton in song: easy to see. << know when it\'s time to mix

again, and again, and again. OverFlow Ex

No matter what, positon in song is always visible. A big scratch window is there in the middle. and the beat matching, there\'s a button called \"beat\" which shows you the beats instead of the rhythm with zoom(speed) control.

OverFlow actually has a comparison chart to the right: time, bpm, etc.

check it out for your self.

skin: OverFlow Ex :Color(Hi Res)

DJ Shahar
Los Angeles Wedding DJ

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 1:49 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Personally if your having trouble hitting cue points then i would not rely on a skin for help it may only cause you to get dependant on the visual. Do like Luke Skywalker learning to use a lightsaber. Put your helmet on with the blast shield down (blindfolded) Feel the beats.

for myself, i do not look at the screen when dropping in beats, i look at my turntables. Its not so much when i drop in the record, but HOW. if i drop it in without the right touch & feel it will not be perfectly matched.

Sure you can cheat too.. i sometimes set a short 4 beat loop and drop it in on the 1st beat of the current track. I do no have the fader open at this point but that way when i do want to bring in the new track all i have to do is open the fader and release the loop.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 3:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)