Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timer?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like to know if there's a "timer" function in the new VDJScipt language for mappers.

I am thinking to re-create my mapper for HC4500 in the new format, but before I start studying, I would like to know if there's a timer function. In the old 5.X SDK we had a timer ticking each 100ms. That was extremely helpful to create smart buttons, scrolling text, e.t.c...

For instance in my 5.X mapper when the user pressed the TAP button on HC4500, initially it would send a "sync" command and it would fire a timer... If the user kept pressing the button for 1.5 sec it would also send a "beatlock" command and it would release the timer.
Another example is that when the user turns the jogs to "browser" mode and he leaves the deck's controls intact for 20 seconds the jog return back to their previous state...

There are A LOT of functions that need a timer in my old 5.x mapper. Is there a timer on the new format?
Thanks!

PS: If this is not the correct forum please forgive me. I was between posting this here and the "Plugins" forum, but I don't think it's appropriate for the plugins section now...

PS2: Yes, I'm not a registered user. I use PCDJ VJ. I am just thinking to re-write my mapper for VirtualDj users if that's possible. Thanks!

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 4:06 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Phantom ... the timer is actually not necessary. A lot of those type of actions are dealt with in the Mapper engine. Several actions have 'firing' points -> this action after ###ms -> Suggest part of your research into the new Mapping engine is to study the XMLs of the controllers in the Mappers folder. And what you are going to find with the mapping of the 4500 is that you are only going to need to map a few buttons and not all... the rest are common actions, you will only need to add the few unique ones.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 6:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)