Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ipod and rmx

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok guys have my ipod as backup in my rmx.only thing is that i cant control the sound am i missing a setting in the rmx panel

Posted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 11:19 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Could you be a little more precise about what you are trying to do and how everything is connected ?

Posted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 11:38 am
iconnect my ipod through input 1/2 and it plays through my rmx but i have no control over the sound i have to higher my amp if i want to hear it loud as music was.really asking if there is a way that i can control the sund through my rmx eg hi low bass ect as my music plays.i dont even use my source button basically is there a set up im missing in my rmx control set up or what do i need to do thanks

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 4:09 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
AH, I see. Right now you are probably using the Hardware Mix option in the Rmx Control Panel. What this does is simply send the signal from Input 1/2 to Output 1/2, directly in hardware.

In order to use VDJ's EQ with an external source, it obvious has to go through the software:

- First, make sure Hardware Mix option in the Rmx control panel is set to "USB Streaming (Default)"

- Launch Virtual DJ

Go the the soundcard configuration menu and make sure the settings are as follows:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone

- Soundcard: DJ Console RMX

Make sure the box for "Apply EQ on External Inputs" is checked

Once this is done, press the SOURCE button on the Rmx for Deck A. If your iPod is playing , you should now be able to apply EQ, FX and Gain to the incoming signal.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 7:26 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
djstaffy wrote :
ok guys have my ipod as backup in my rmx...

Not sure that's giving you a real backup! Remember if your PC dies for any reason, you'll lose power to your rmx. Ideally you may want to route your ipod through an external mixer to give you complete independence from both your pc/laptop and rmx. Just a thought...

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 11:22 am
yeh now i get it thanks.also my laptop rarely goes down sometimes i get recover vdj and if this happens a song relaunch vdj and its grand i know what you mean though

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 12:15 pm
I'm glad I had a look at this topic because I'd been using the ASIO driver for soundcard and RMX ASIO in the drop-down (I thought that the RMX soundcard option was WDM - DUH!!), and my inputs didn't work. Once I chose the RMX as soundcard, everything (including the source buttons) works like it should for external sources (finally) :D

Posted Sat 13 Jun 09 @ 8:09 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
@crisis2xl:

Repeating your question in every forum and every ipod-related thread you can find isn't going to get you an answer any quicker!!

Posted Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 3:04 pm
is Not a Question IS THE ASNWER

PLAY IPOD WITH DVJ
unhide ipod RECURSE on VDJ.
Sorry for the confusion..

Posted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 5:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)