Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: ddm4000 mapper - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

can someone please make a ddm4000 mapper for virtualdj 6...when you do send it to me

Posted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 12:35 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm working on it this week... will post it when it's done... can't wait to see the LEDs working properly! :)

Posted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 5:56 am
Would this mapper allow me to crossfade VDJ for video, id like to buy a DDM4000 so that i can scratch my videos...please advise...

Posted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 10:21 am
It will, but there is a small issue with it. The behringer's controls will EITHER work in midi mode OR audio mode. That is, if you set the crossfader up to send out midi signals, it stops being an audio crossfader. Stupid I know. The way round it is to crossfade within the software (link audio and video crossfaders in the config) which will allow proper video scratching. The downside is when cueing in your headphones. If the crossfader is over to the right, you can't PFL your left deck via the mixer, because VDJ's crossfader is also over to the right, and isn't sending the left deck's audio to the mixer. We live in hope that behringer will update their firmware and sort this out. Not a problem for me, as I don't scratch - I just use the behringer's crossfader for video, and don't do audio crossfading at all.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 12:04 pm
Just a little progress update:

I'm currently working on the definition file for the DDM4000 - it's nearly done now, so far I have ALL of the leds talking to VDJ, just need to finish adding the knobs, sliders and buttons, and we're ready to go. Should have it cracked by this evening, all being well... watch this space!

:-)

Posted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 9:24 pm
vjdaveHome userMember since 2007
Hello!

I am eagerly and excitedly waiting for your DDM 4000 MIDI mapping file. I am a little upset about the crossfader limitation but I guess I can be like you and dedicate the crossfader to midi control of video only and use the regular faders for audio. I cannot live without using my PFL buttons for previewing.

Thanks for doing this! This is amazingly helpful and desperately needed.

-Dave

XXXXXXXX

Sorry email or contacts is not permitted by No License User. Thanks for understanding.[spinna]

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 1:55 am
vjdaveHome userMember since 2007
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THE MIDI MAP OF THE DDM4000 FOR VIRTUAL DJ 6.0!

I cannot wait to get home and try this out! I will try to help find you the sysex identification. It this something I need to do a MIDI memory dump of to reveal the sysex identification or do I just need to call Behringer support and get it from them directly?

Thanks again! I will report back how it works on my end tonight.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 6:23 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djsherz wrote :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<device name="DDM4000" author="John Shersby aka DJ SHERZ" type="MIDI" decks="2">

Can you check if there is a way to identify it by "sysexid" or "drivename" (as expained in http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinitionMIDI.html ) because currently the file scans all the MIDI controllers (not already indentified)

Use http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe

You can also have a look this:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8198/Mapping_Midi_IN_OUT_Behringer_DDM4000.html

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 6:36 pm
I had a go with that miditrace program, although I have no idea how to use it! On starting the program, it gives a 12 digit hexadecimal number, is this the sysex id then? On the panel in the right, it lists a USB audio device, I wonder if this is my USB midi convertor or not though... I'll try copying and pasting the hex number into the definition file, and see if I can make the ID work...

And as djcel points out, there's a link in the addons; somebody's already mapped the LEDs, I was beaten to the punch it seems! Looks like the code is identical though, although that definition file is only for the LEDs, the above code also includes the knobs and buttons. No "value" property in their LED coding though, I was under the impression that a CC needed a value to work... I see the author didn't manage to get the sysex code working either!

I'm no programmer though, just an amateur bodger.... it probably shows! ;-)

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 7:33 pm
Just had another look at miditrace... Ok, I get that the digits that I see on startup are the default codes to make a sysex id request. However, I press send, and nothing happens. Miditrace is talking to the mixer though, if I press a button on the mixer, I get a hex code on screen. Do I take it this means that the mixer doesn't support sysex commands?

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 8:09 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thats the most likely cause I'm afraid...

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 6:55 am
thankyou djsherz ...i will try this ..wish me luck=)

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 1:56 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
What are the exact names written on the right of MIDITrace.exe? Only "USB audio device" ?

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 3:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The DDM4000 doesn't have a USB interface, it has a MIDI interface and it's up to the user to supply a MIDI connection to the computer.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 4:31 pm
what i copied and saved made the ddm4000 available on the mapper dropp down list not wit assighned actions..do ii have to make my own actions..can u make them..thnx

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 6:57 pm
I thought about writing a "default" mapper to go alongside the definition file, but in the end I figured it would be pretty pointless - there's so many different ways of mapping this mixer to suit different needs, no two people are ever going to want to use the midi in quite the same way... it's best just to write your own actions, or use the "smart learn" thingy to just point to the buttons on the skin you want to control. You can then add a small piece of code alongside the generated action to activate an LED of your choice as well...

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 7:16 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you expand the definition file ... then you leave it up to the user to map it the way they want... you don't have to provide a mapping, if you do just keep it simple .. 2 channels mapped to the basics. This would give the user something to work from. Which is what we tried doing with all the mappings that we released ... leaving the customizing up to you the user.

The key is the definition file ... if you have that then you get the 2 way access to the device ... the Simple_MIDI only receives input in VirtualDJ.

Anyone is welcome to expand on someone else's work. You at least have a framework to start with by using what was posted. :)

Posted Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 7:57 pm
DjFellaPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 11:15 am
can you make a default mapper and then ill fix it up ..thankyou

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 4:19 pm
It will, but there is a small issue with it. The behringer's controls will EITHER work in midi mode OR audio mode. That is, if you set the crossfader up to send out midi signals, it stops being an audio crossfader. Stupid I know. The way round it is to crossfade within the software (link audio and video crossfaders in the config) which will allow proper video scratching. The downside is when cueing in your headphones. If the crossfader is over to the right, you can't PFL your left deck via the mixer, because VDJ's crossfader is also over to the right, and isn't sending the left deck's audio to the mixer. We live in hope that behringer will update their firmware and sort this out. Not a problem for me, as I don't scratch - I just use the behringer's crossfader for video, and don't do audio crossfading at all.

Hey. I am saving money to buy the full version of VDJ. I do not plan to use the DDM4000 for video. Can I still use the crossfader to switch between audio songs? Will it effect the PFL?

PS: I also plan to install an innofader for this mixer. Will it still be MIDI controlled?

Thanks!!

Posted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 11:56 pm
71%