Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: USB MICROPHONE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am currently using the Hercules RMX controller which has a MIC in on the top and front
Currently using a Shure SM58 which is a decent microphone
But I have been thinking of using a higher quality studio microphone

There are high quality USB micrphones that have a deeper bass response like this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8890319&st=usb+mic&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218008397738

How would VDJ work with something like this?? How would I control it with the software and ignore the Hercules Microphone IN jack?

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 11:06 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
For a very long time I used a Blue Snowball USB mic with VDJ and it worked great. The one draw back is, you cannot EQ USB mics.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 11:12 am
How do you enable it? Control gain?

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 11:21 am
The Snowball was plug and play. Once installed I used the system volume/mic for controlling it. I would leave the mic volume window open, and tick/un-tick the mute tab. I now use the RMX and a couple of different types of mics, and sound mixers. One mixer I use is an Alesis USB mixer. Along with a CAD Tron 6000 mic. That is a nice combination. Real solid sound quality, and the Alesis mixer has EQs built in. At this point I can run phone calls, Skype, DVDs, what ever, through the broadcast. As long as the audio source has a line out, I can run it for broadcast through VDJ.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 11:33 am
thank you for quick reply

Does this alesis mic thing pass through the main line out of your controllers sound card? (can I use such a set up for live dj performances)
or are you outputting the rmx to the alesis then to the amps?

I am assuming the alesis supplies 48v phantom power to the mic, what is the model # of this mixer?

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 12:22 pm

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 12:59 pm
just bought a Behringer Shark DSP 110
with feedback destroyer
$99

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 3:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)