Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: comments

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So far I like what I see with the initial release. here are some comments...

the vu meters should have an option to show the real level of the track instead of the volume. DJ can judge the level of the sonjg and if one needs to be raised or lowered. can U add this as an option?

where are the pitch bend buttons! +/- !! I need these to beat match.

Really need a wired controller to take this seriously. DJing with a mouse is terrible! Once you use a controller you never go back!

can the sample player play mp3s?

Posted Wed 06 Aug 03 @ 4:06 am
Have you checked out the shortcut key configuration? You can do pretty much without mouse when you have configured the keys.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 03 @ 10:35 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
You shouldn't have to judge if the level needs to go up or down. This should be done by an automatic dynamics procesor. It has automatic gain conrol, but this is only one component of the DP.

Posted Fri 08 Aug 03 @ 11:42 am
Well most of the digital vu-meters around do not give a good impression how loud it really sounds like to human ear.

They are mostly useful to see that you aren't overdriving your equipment/software and perhaps imposing artificial limiting.

You still need to hear both master+cue before fading the cued track in, else you may get surprising result even if the meters tell you that the volume is balanced..

So essentially, sure it would be 'nice' but it would mostly be useful to see you aren't scewing your direct recording to mp3/wav.

Posted Fri 08 Aug 03 @ 12:33 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Great Job On this software :)

Couple of things I'd like to see since wireless strated it

1 DMC-1 Support A lot of dj's (me included) have this controller would be a painless way to switch.

2 On the scatching interface click and hold pitiching like you can on vinyl.

3 pitch controls +,- for syncing

I've been using pcdj for years, and I like this much better. As soon as I see a rackmount pro controller I'll make the switch myself.

~~cyd3r~~

Posted Sun 10 Aug 03 @ 11:58 pm

Posted Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 12:22 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Looks intresting.

Usb soundcard? how can you have two at the same time? Will these be in the us or just uk? Us dollars if you please :)

Posted Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 12:33 am
they'll be shipped anywhere i presume.

Posted Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 2:06 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
If you want real vu meters, just edit the xml file of the skin, and replace source="volume" by source="beat" in the sliders related to that.

Posted Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 8:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)