Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Time Coded Vynil Configuration

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Yesterday I tried to set up my TCV's and following the instructions as per VDJ I went to the Time Coded Vynil Configuration, the section for Signal Configuration. According to the picture provided w the manual for setting up TCV you should see a line for:
Sound Card
Input
Volume
Gain
Silence
then a toggle for Software RIAA preamp
Invert stereo
Invert Phase
Turntable

my problem is that
Soundcard,Input,Volume dont show in this box for me

my box only has:
Gain, and silence, software RIAA pream, invert stereo, invert phase, turntable... its missing the first 3 tabs (ie. soundcard selection, input, and volume) Can someone point me in the right direction? thanks!!!

Posted Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 2:50 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Look in the Sound Card tab. Scroll to the last Sound Card choice, just past the Hercules graphic. Click on it and you will see a drop down box to choose the Maya44 USB or what ever your sound card is. Just below that will be the ASIO button that gets you to the GAIN choices. Then you will see 2 buttons for accessing the Left or Right TT configurations where the software RIAA pream, invert stereo, invert phase, TT speed, Signal Wave form window, etc. is located.

Hope this helps.
cstoll

Posted Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 5:33 pm
ok thanks. that helped. I still don't show the tabs however i got 100%TCV quality on both turntables. Now I have another problem.
Right turntable plays right song, left turntable plays left song. That's fine but when my mixer's fader goes from desk1 to desk 2-- Instead of mixing it just fades out. I can only mix it using the mix crossfader on the actual computer. My mixer that's connected to my 1200's don't mix at all. It just fades song in desk one. Obviously I have something wrong here.
In other words, in order to mix i have to use the fader from vdj instead of my mixers. That's obviously not what i want.
Another thing is that I can't hear the song in my headphones.

I have latest version direct x. maya 44 latest driver 2.55. Grounded to my computer, not to my mixer. I have alot of interference. a humming noise if you will.

Until VDJ sends me the full version I can't see if the problem exists due to using the demo version. I got a virus and had to get rid of everything but my music. I'm trouble shooting using the demo verison.
I will tell you, this is unbelievable. It's unreal how responsive the music is. It's great so far. Just got some little issues. Hopefully I'll be up and running soon.

Please help!!!

Posted Thu 24 Mar 05 @ 2:42 pm
Ok, please tell us what type of mixer you have and exactly how you have everything wired up. Check the volume levels in the VDJ main screen. Make sure your levels are all the way up on your soundcard options in windows. What sound card do you have? There are many things that can be the cause. Please give us as many specs as possible.

Killabee44

Posted Thu 24 Mar 05 @ 10:11 pm
Make sure you leave the VDJ Deck Crossfader at Center and then use your Mixers crossfader for mixing between the two decks. If you are using an external mixer the VDJ crossfader should always stay at center.

Hope this helps.

cstoll

Posted Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 1:10 am
I got it up and running. I have 2 1200's, a vestax pmc 06 pro d samurai mixer. i have a maya 44 usb, i have 512 processor. I have it all set up via instructions as per VDJ. I think my problem lies w/ the fact I was using the trial. When VDJ sent me the complete program, it all started working fine, with the exception of one or two things. First, my left table sound different than my right. One has too much treble, the other sounds really deep and bassy, and alot more distorted. Forgive my ignorance, I'm a wannabe home dj..The only thing I have tweaked is the treble and bass control on my mixer, on my speaker (self powered). I have not touched anything on the VDJ console as I don't think I should. new needles, speakers, turntable. I muted my monitor outputs as per VDJ. Do you tweak with the control panel otherwise to ensure optimal performance?

Posted Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 5:41 pm
I got it up and running. I have 2 1200's, a vestax pmc 06 pro d samurai mixer. i have a maya 44 usb, i have 512 processor. I have it all set up via instructions as per VDJ. I think my problem lies w/ the fact I was using the trial. When VDJ sent me the complete program, it all started working fine, with the exception of one or two things. First, my left table sound different than my right. One has too much treble, the other sounds really deep and bassy, and alot more distorted. Forgive my ignorance, I'm a wannabe home dj..The only thing I have tweaked is the treble and bass control on my mixer, on my speaker (self powered). I have not touched anything on the VDJ console as I don't think I should. new needles, speakers, turntable. I muted my monitor outputs as per VDJ. Do you tweak with the control panel otherwise to ensure optimal performance?

Posted Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 5:41 pm
Killabee, when you say "make sure the volume levels are turned up, you mean the main slider... not the gain control correct? If that is your question, then yes I do have them turned up to the max. I have not touched the gain control on the VDJ system. Also when I go to the VDJ time coded configuration I only see "gain and silence". I do not see the volume, Input, or soundcard as pictured on the instructions. I do have 100% quality though. Thanks.

Posted Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 5:43 pm
another problem- while mixing "poof" the program closed- really wierd. From reading in the forum I see I'm not alone. Any suggestions.

Posted Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 7:26 pm
Ok, first, have you set up the ASIO drivers for the maya? that is how I set mine up on my backup laptop and it worked fine.Then I went in the advanced soundcard config and selected the right and left drivers for each channel (drop down menu). Make sure your cables are not the problem. You should be able to tell by switching them around.

Is your PC tweaked for sound? That crash is not a good thing.

Killabee44

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 2:44 am
I'm pretty sure I have set up the ASIO drivers for the maya. When you say that, do you mean installed them- If so, yes I have- which is why i have sound no? If you mean something else by that, then I don't think I have set this up.
I'm pretty sure my cables are not the problem, rt table plays right song, left table plays left song, cross fader matches to turntables as well.
I played with the cables and got it to work properly.
The sound quality is a bit wierd... one sounds great, other sounds distorted... and when i hear the song in my headphones for cueing.. you can really notice the difference.

As far as my crashing... it happens almost every time when i spin a song backwords rapidly to get it back to my cue spot. ( i know i can get it to the spot by saving the cue spot) but this is not what i want.. I want to do it w/o pressing the cue spot.
could it be my processor speed 512

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 9:04 pm
by the way, I have not tweaked my PC for anything at all. I wish I had enough confidence to do it.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 9:25 pm

Posted Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 12:37 pm
what is blackviper.com?

Posted Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 7:38 pm
dj kiteman,

When you same processor speed of '512' what are talking about. Can you give us a full spec of the PC you are using?

Processor, RAM, etc?

cstoll

Posted Wed 30 Mar 05 @ 2:40 am
Ok, 512 isn't your processor speed, it's the ammount of RAM that your pc has. We need to know the processor speed, like 1.8 gig, 2 gig, 3 gig, like that. Go to the blackviper site. There you will find lots of ways that you can make your pc run better with VDJ. That will help with sound skips and crashes. The crashes should definitely not happen at all. Tell us also how you have the settings set up in VDJ.

Take DJ Andre Landry's advice first and disable timestretch. That might by itself stop your crashes. It is something you do when using TCV.

Are you running a lot of apps in the background? Hit controll+alt+delete at the same time. Then click "task manager" then click the processes tab. Is there a long list of stuff there? This is all assuming that you are running windows as an operating system.

What I was saying earlier about the sound card drivers is this: If you have a Maya and install the drivers from their website or from the cd, then you are installing ASIO drivers.

If you plug in the MAYA and let windows install the drivers automatically, then you are using windows drivers.

Killabee44

Posted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 4:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)