Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Developing Plugins using VB

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

wdroppPRO InfinityMember since 2008
HI:
I did this question before, and the asnwer I received was that this forum only use C++ to develop plugins. I donĀ“t have high skills in C++ , but a lot of experience using VB.
Anyone in this forum know a link or a SDK, or a Help file, any help that could help me, how to develop Plugins using VB.
In the Plugin developer web page, it indicate that is possible to develop plugins using VB , but not help is available.

Hope anyone can help me.

Regards

Walter D.

Posted Sun 24 May 09 @ 11:18 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'm afraid the answer hasn't changed, all the source available to me is in C++ and I don't know of anyone using VB.

You really are best of learning C++ :)

Posted Sun 24 May 09 @ 7:26 pm
hi a possible remedy could be converting the whole source over to vbscript yourself,there are tons of free script converters out there now although none of them are 100% foolproof and you would still need to have access to someone with some c++ knowledge to help.

i make VST pluggins and stuff in Visual Studio and .Net framework and have dabbled a little in converting over but not enough to be confident in converting a whole SDK yet,but i will ask a few friends in our community about the possibility of doing this!

DjSkwerl has gone some way in trying to get the sdk to work for vb.Net but currently does not work for audio effects,you should take a look at his post here http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/7089/Virtual_DJ_Plugins/Want_to_use__Net_in_your_plug-ins___Read_this_.html

regards
arkzero

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 12:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)