Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Forum Logging on bugs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, well i am deffinatly logged on now, but thats not my point. My point is for LONG times during the past weeks i have been unable to log on to the forums at all, from work from home from tafe on both IE6 and Mozilla FireFox 1.01 on 3 diffrent pcs, i noticed if you cant login you do not get any support from e-support as you cant log in to tell them who you are :|........ i want to buy this software, but i must ask my self, if a compay has trouble with a forum and keeping it working for all patrons how do they go with there software its self, and i have read about all this XP10 crashes and so on, and that also makes me want to stear away from it, i mean what the point of having software that crashes and a support team that cant offer support in any form other than letting people view the forums which is not compleatly offical support..... sorry for such a rant, its been annoying the hell out of me for weeks and i dont think i am going to close this web browser for a while IE6 btw......

thanks for you time

Matty Dont

Posted Sat 19 Mar 05 @ 1:11 pm
Well Matty I personally use Firefox 1.01 on my desktop PC and laptop and have had no trouble logging on in the past month. This issue might be due to spyware,viruses or ISP definatelly not with the forums. As far as software goes can you name me one piece of software that has no patches or updates? Even cars get recalls when they find a defect. Learn that nothing is perfect at start but it takes a lot of work and time to "perfect" anything. This is a great community that I can personally say that when you have a question or comment they will be the first to comment or suggest something without hesitation.

These guys are backing up the software they purchased quite well and has been helping support fix these issues by trying to narrow the issue so they know what to fix and where. Call this a "beta" or whatever you like although all software and even hardware has a few bugs that need fixing (which brings back constant updates, patches etc.). I can't say if there's better software that exists although I have heard great things of others yet the others which are most stable have less options. I guess its a downfall of wanting stability over options. For the price of the software I really can't complain if you actually take a look at the price of others VDJ puts them to shame with all the options it has!

Hope the next patch fixes quite a lot of issues although I will bite the bullet and purchase this software probably early april after I finished paying for my equipment.

Best regards and hope to see you in the forums more often

DJ White Devil

Posted Sat 19 Mar 05 @ 3:02 pm

hopefully we will see you both as full customers :) as you said, its a low priced great software in constant development :) with free upgrades and updates so far

about the forum login problem..
There might be many reasons for this, on your part.
ISP, firewall settings, cookies etc

Please try lower your security settings in IE

Posted Sat 19 Mar 05 @ 4:31 pm
Make sure you have the "www." in your address and that should resolve your login problems.

Posted Mon 21 Mar 05 @ 7:44 pm
@ Swarrine

OMG :S..... it works, i just had the login probelem again, and decied to check this thread again, but i am really want to know how that makes a diffrence

thanks all

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 7:43 am
You need the full adress in the brownser...

HTTP:/WWW.virtualdj.com

Remember the "WWW"

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 4:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)