Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Video Effect: SBDJ Frame Squares - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Evening all :)

I've created a new video effect - it divides the video output into 4 squares, then updates each one with a different frame from the video as it plays....

....with an adjustable delay between each frame update.

Any input before I finalise and upload?

Regards,

Scott

Posted Wed 13 May 09 @ 12:27 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
great scott, glad you managed to get it done... another happy camper.

Posted Wed 13 May 09 @ 1:52 pm
It's not the squares effect you were after, although that one is done too ;)

It does the squares, but then each square updates individually in order, so you get a kind of time line...

Posted Wed 13 May 09 @ 2:54 pm
Mac or just Windows mate?

Sounds like an awesome effect!!! :)

Posted Wed 13 May 09 @ 3:34 pm
I haven't written a Mac version yet, but I hope to have one ready for release at the same time :)

Posted Wed 13 May 09 @ 5:48 pm
Thanks Scott.

Posted Wed 13 May 09 @ 6:06 pm
How in the hell do you keep all those projects and codes from cluttering up your genius brain... Your new nick name would be "DATA" or "Number 5"... Careful you don't end up in a dark room like Howard Hughs lol

Posted Wed 20 May 09 @ 1:44 am
Application Development is part of my job, and I've always got more than one work project on the go. You just kind of get used to juggling things.

Genius brain though? Ha!

Posted Wed 20 May 09 @ 6:21 am
Scott,

A feature proposal is to allow playing a different video clip a selected square. The video wouldnt be from the second deck but for example from a folder like in "SBDJ VIDEO CLIPS".

James

Posted Sun 24 May 09 @ 7:23 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
This sounds like a cool effect. I tried downloading it but don't see it on the Video Effects page. I'm guessing that it hasn't been uploaded yet?

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 4:25 pm
I haven't had a chance to fully test it yet I'm afraid - I always like to use my plugins live for a bit first before releasing them...

Posted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 4:59 am
Finally got a chance to finish this off; the amount of squares is now adjustable.

I've uploaded it for approval. Make sure you test fully, no warranty is implied etc etc... ;)

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 8:15 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
nice... can't wait to try it

Posted Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 4:47 am
Hi Scott,

I got a chance to play with the squares effect. Great effect but when I adjust the quantity while the effect is running VDJ crashes. I tried it several times and each time I move the slider VDJ crashes. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just my pc?
Funkmasterfrank

Posted Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 11:15 am
Odd, I tried it here and it didn't do it. Let me know exactly what steps and to what sizes and I'll see if I can trap it. I suspect I've cocked up my vector handling somewhere ;)

Posted Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 11:58 am
cms30ggPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thanks so much for this very cool effect, your work and efforts are very much appreciated.

Posted Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 5:54 am
After I read your message I restarted VDJ and it didn't do it again. Very strange that it did it about 5 times in a row after restarting each time before that. I had nothing else open at the time. For the life of me I couldn't duplicate the problem. Leave it at that... great plugin.

Frank

Posted Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 6:17 pm
SBDJ,

Used the plugin yesterday.
I think this is the best visual video plugin at the moment.

Great job !!!

Sorry that I reminded you about promises, but I really have to say that you made great things.

Greetings,

Dj Anthony

Posted Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 5:46 am
This plugin has been updated to v1.1.

Changes:

* Previous/corrupted images no longer displayed
* Slighty optimised rendering code
* Less resource usage
* Different method for changing matrix size when resizing
* Potential small memory leak fixed

If anyone has any issues please let me know :)

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 7:32 pm
Another jog well done "number 5"...;-)

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 8:26 pm
87%