Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Just a quickie

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can someone answer or point me in the right direction;

I want to install VDJ a fresh on a laptop. I know that I am allowed to do this as it's for my own use. What I want to know is a) Can I install the whole program by copying ONLY the 2.06 patch OR do I need to copy over all the installs/patches that I have currently on my internet PC. i.e. which .exe file is critical/vital for a fresh install b) Is the default file location C:\Program Files\Virtual DJ...?
Hope it makes sense. Thanks. Craig

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 2:58 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I recommend you start with the original file you got when you bought VDJ then apply the upgrades. I too, recently rebuilt my laptop load and did it this way. Plus, by having the entire history of files from the time you bought it to current is always a good thing to have. For instance because of the 2.06 analyze problems, I down grade to 2.05 do a mass analyze then upgrade back to 2.06 for everyday use.

Hope this helps.
cstoll

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 5:49 pm
Cstoll, Thanks for your time! Appreciated!
:)

Posted Sat 19 Mar 05 @ 2:20 pm
when you are a full customer, like you both are, you can contact E-service anytime, to give you the full install file... (not the 2.06 upgrade, but the full install)
That is the only file you will need when installing the soft on another pc that you use, personally... of course

Also, about the 2.06 analyze bug that some experience (will be fixed soon), I have done the following :
1) full install of 2.05
2) copy the 2.05 exe file - and rename it to virtualdj_205.exe
3) install 2.06

This will give you 2 different exe files in the virtual dj folder
One for running 2.06, and one for running 2.05

hope that helps :)

Posted Sat 19 Mar 05 @ 4:24 pm
Great!!
I will contact e-service and do that.
Thank You!

Posted Mon 21 Mar 05 @ 1:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)