Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cue/Master levels

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lucstefPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi all.

I have a simple Audigy 2 soundcard with latest drivers, and I configured the program to use the 7.1 options.

But...
When I try to prelisten a song, I can't cue it well because the Master level is way too high, even at the lowest setting; in other words, with crossfader positioned to desk 1 and mix level to minimum, if I try to listen to desk 2 (actually working/default desk) I hear both desks near at the same level in my hearphones, whichever manouver I try, while I just want to listen to the cueing song.
I'm using advanced skins such as the Mixstation4, I have even set a keyboard shortcut to reset the hearphone_mix level (I used the 0 and -4096 values too), but to no avail; some happens when trying the advanced sound setup with ASIO and the various line out from the Audigy (actually, it worsened things badly as it introduced a subtle delay between keypress and response).

Is this the correct behaviour of the mix level, or am I missing something?

Take note that I have no external speakers nor mixers, and I'm not planning to buy them as I just want to record my sets to listen them in my frequent trips.

---------------------------
I want to ask another (not related) question.
As I have hearing problems, I found the Audigy hearphone output level to be too low; is there someone that knows how to boost it up?
In my old Live! 5.1 drivers there was a setting to double the output level, but I can't find it in the Audigy ones.

Thank you.

Luca

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 9:30 pm
try play around with the soundconfig

use the headmix slider in the skin you are using to turn down the headphone mix.. not sure if your keyboard shorcut is correct

Posted Fri 18 Mar 05 @ 7:00 am
Well, I exhausted all the possible combinations in the sound config, both the 4.1/7.1 and the advanced sections, sorry :-P but thanks anyway.

Now I'm playing with the headphone_crossfader command, not too much luck...unless I load the "headphone" plugin at least once, then I'm able to listen to a single desk without hearing the other in the background, mapping the above command to the arrow keys.

This could be a solution, anyway I can't help but think about the mixlevel behaviours (the upper left slider on the MixStation4): when it's on the left, I know I must hear the selected desk only...not?

Luca

Posted Fri 18 Mar 05 @ 2:54 pm
I had the same sound card w the same problem... I solved it by purchasing a headphone amplifier. You can run to Radio Shack or some other store and get one... about $40 US.
With it,you will have no problem.

Posted Fri 18 Mar 05 @ 11:38 pm
Thanks Kiteman, now I know it's not me :-)

Luca

Posted Sat 19 Mar 05 @ 12:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)