Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CD Burn Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi-

I made a mix which consists of a group of files using the auto cut feature so the tracks are separate.

I have 2 CD burning software packages and they both add a little space between the tracks. I could not find any options to prevent this.

Anyone know of CD burning software that will allow separate traks with no breaks inbetween?

TIA

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 3:23 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
1. find something like "pause between tracks" and set : 0
(wich sowtware btw. ?)
2. Write using DAO (disk at once) not Trackat once.

Nothing else needed

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 4:00 am
I have used 3 different programs Musicmatch, NTI CD & DVD Maker and My DVD Studio Delux Suite. They all have a gap and no option (that I could find) to close the gapbetween tracks.

I did find the track at once option, no joy.

If anyone is burning with separate tracks and no gaps I would appreciate knowing what software works.

Thanks.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 4:43 am
Uh oh, this may be a VDJ thing. When I play these files back straight from the computer they pop/pause between tracks.

Am I missing any settings? Or do I need to go back to a single track to preserve smooth transitions?

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 5:03 am
azawakhHome userMember since 2004
Try this one: http://www.poikosoft.com It's a ripper/converter/burner program that I found for abouth a week ago, and sofar it have worked.

Hasse

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 11:29 am
The pause / gab between tracks is usually per track setting, try something like right click and properties on a track in the list, also DAO (disk at once) is the right option not Track at once.
I use Nero or wavelab or Sony Vegas for mixed cd's.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 1:19 pm
I forgot about Vegas. I have it.

So I lined everything up on the Vegas timeline and examined the tracks and it seems a fraction of blank time was added on by VDJ.

I noticed in the FAME settings there is a fade out setting. I will try adjusting that to none tonight.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 9:41 pm
In Vegas 5 go to the options->editing and adjust the "quick fade for audio events" (affects audio clips) and "default time between cd tracks" to zero.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 10:05 pm
It is definitely VDJ that is creating files with with a little extra causing a music gap. I tried adjusting Fade Length to None in FAME, that seemed to help a little but did not resolve the issue.

I could fix the problem using Vegas 4, but to be honest, I am too lazy to do that...

There must be some setting somewhere in VDJ that I am not aware of. Ideas?

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 12:40 am
I use Nero and right click on each track and remove the default 2 second gap. Always works for me.

MS

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 4:25 am
With Nero or other burner program, the problem is: If you burn the .wav files (like a CDA) you can remove the 2 second gap, but if you burn the .mp3 files you can't. This option is not available.

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 6:16 am
No problems for me, mp3's are like wavs i can remove the gab, Nero 6.3xx

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 2:37 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
same thing used to happen when i used to use atomixmp3, mp3 seem to have a slight space that won't go away, i just record as one track and split them in nero, for the time you probably wasted trying to fix your mix you could have been done with it. nero is a nice app.

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 4:31 pm
What I do is like Listen2 does except I use wavelab to re-listen to the entire mix and split each track seperately as well as cut out any unecessary bits. This is quite the long process but I think its the most accurate method available

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 4:36 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yup, Nero... No gap.

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 3:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)