Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Looking for a specific skin function

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I am editing a skin that will work better for using an iPhone and remote desktop to manage my automix playlist on the right. Dragging the track from the bowser to the playlist on an iPhone usually just scrolls the screen if you are not perfect with the screen taps. So to make it easier and less chance to screw up when I am away from the pc, I want to select the track and then just hit a button to put the song in the playlist.

So I found a function that will send the track to the bottom of the playlist ("browser_toplaylist") which was my first goal.

My second goal is to find a comand to add a track to cue up next in the automix playlist instead of the bottom. I have tried "auto_mix_next" (adds to other deck), "mix_next" (adds to bottom of playlist) as well as "browser_toplaylist_next" (which was a guess, not listed and did nothing).

I know it is geeky but think of how cool it would be to get a request, fill it while standing there and tell them it is comming up next and cotinue conversation! Any ideas?

Posted Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 9:19 pm
Nobody huh? Well if anybody runs across that function, please drop me a line. Thanks

Posted Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 2:00 pm
hum... why not: 1) browser_tosidelist; 2)switch_sidelist_playlist; 3) automix_skip
Make sure your sidelist is empty ;)

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 12:28 am
Interesting, I will try that. Thanks

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 2:21 pm
You're welcome ;)

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 2:25 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I would love to use something like that. Does iTM DJ have something to do with what you are creating? If so I am having problems getting iTM DJ to work.

I would like to try it. Let me know bro.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 1:49 pm
I think that ITM is not used there... It's look more than a VNC thing... If you've got troubles for using ITM DJ on your iPhone, get a look to my blog ;)

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 2:24 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks squatman972.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 2:48 pm
It is a Remote desktop app for the iPhone by Jaadu. VNC requires a server application to run on the host machine (the one you want to control). I figure with how "sensiteve" VDJ can be to other applications running at the same time, RDP was as simple as it can get. Plus it automatically locks the computer when you connect (VNC does not) so nobody can mess with it. It was a win win in my book.

I think you need to go the VNC route for MAC, but I am not sure. I know VNC works on Windows as well, I am just not sure what MAC users can or can't use.

I am actaully trying to develop an application similar to iTunes remote to browse and manage VDJ playlists, side lists and automix list from the iPhone/iTouch. I will not cater to people who want to scratch from an iphone as some people on the web have asked for. Just basic managment tools for when you are out on the floor (maybe dancing with somebody) and need a simple adjustment or selection. Volume, playlist, track progress, things like that. Application is in infant stages and I have not proved the whole concept. The layout and expectaions are established and I have proved that 80% of what I want to do is even possible. So I have hired a friend/PC and MAC developer to assist, who wants to make this his colledge project.

Again this software may never happen. This skin idea makes RDP allot easier to use and may even eliminate the need for this software as I am not sure I want to invest that much into it if I already have a fairly acceptable solution, which is where I am at now. If I could find this skin function I would end the project tomorrow. I don't really want to make any more plugins install into VDJ. I have learned to keep it simple and RDP with a few button on the skin is as simple as it gets. There is an audio blip (drop or skip) when RDP first connects but then it is "audibly silent", even on the disconnect.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 9:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)