Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: DAC 3 Mapper Question - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I installed the DAC3 mapper from these forums and printed out the instruction manual. There is a feature I'm trying to recreate and don't see. I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction.

On the DAC3 when I was using PCDJFX, the [CP] button would play at the cue point when pushed. I would be able to use the [CP] button to tap/loop the cue point and when I was ready to cut it in, I would let it go.

Since the [CP] button has so many other funcions on the mapper, it seems to have lost it's basic function. Does anyone know a way to achieve the effect I'm trying for.

I know a work around would be to create a manual loop at the start point and use the [RELOOP] button, but that is a PITA. Does anyone know of a better way?

Thanks
Michael

Posted Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 1:52 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
So you want to stutter on a cue point if I'm understanding you?

The cue button does this, but letting it go won't keep playing unfortunately. I don't know if JP added the functionality to be able to hit play whilst cue is held for the DAC3 either.

Posted Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 5:03 am
SBDJ wrote :
The cue button does this, but letting it go won't keep playing unfortunately. I don't know if JP added the functionality to be able to hit play whilst cue is held for the DAC3 either.

That's only possible with the Denon HC4500 mapper.

With the DAC-3, you could try using hot cues - Press the 1-4 buttons for the appropriate cue point number. The song will play from the cue point (or set it if it's not already set.) Pressing the button again jumps back to the cue point, so you can keep pressing it to stutter. If you stop pressing it, the song will continue to play.

Another way to do it that will work on any controller with a PLAY/CUE button is to hit PLAY to start the song playing. If you're not happy with it, press CUE just before the song that's currently playing out loud reaches beat #1. Then press the PLAY button on beat #1. Keep repeating as necessary until you get it right and the song is beat matched.

Posted Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 2:29 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi, thought i'd put this question in here -
your dac3 boggis mapper - does it work for vdj 6.0 and if so, where do you put the file, i notice folders are different now.
thanks

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 6:05 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
v5 DLL mappers no longer function with v6...

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 7:49 am
The new mapper in 6 is better than the standard one in 5, its just that I'm so used to the boggis one.

Will you be writing new mappers jp???

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 8:03 am
Sorry, I have no plans to update the DAC-3 mapper plugin - It's obsolete now with the new VDJscript mapping.

If time allows, I might create a VDJscript equivalent at some point

However, you can easily modify the native mapping yourself to suit your own preferences if you wish.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 12:13 pm
Thanks for the reply, is this script mapping a better way of working?

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 12:23 pm
Thanks for the reply, is this script mapping a better way of working?

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 12:23 pm
Yes - You (And others) can easily update and change it, and you don't need in-depth programming knowledge.

Also, please don't post the same message twice!

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 12:47 pm
Thanks, I'm not sending it twice, I click save once, and two posts show!

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 12:50 pm
I know it is my fault for not going through a full post install diagnostic, but I loaded the new VDJ 6.01 last week and did gigs this weekend. The thought that your mapper didn't work anymore didn't even cross my mind, but I found out the hard way. Apparantly the basic mapping for "R" does not reset the pitch back anymore.... it reverses the song. Oh, and I couldn't figure out how to unreverse it. It made for a pretty interesting response from my crowd.

Also, the recordcase scrolling no longer functioned. If you do have plans for duplicating your mapping keystrokes with the new mapper, please let us know.

The mapper you created must have taken a significant effort, especially since is was so well documented. I'd hate to think that will all be lost, also, after the initial learning curve of your mapper, the key strokes are second nature to me now.

Thanks
Michael

Posted Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 12:26 pm
Built-in mappings are designed so that each button (Where possible) does what it says. You can see what each button is mapped to by simply going to CONFIG -> Mappers and selecting the DAC-3 in the list. You can also change ANY of the mappings to suit your OWN preferences (Something you could not do in VDJ v5.2)

The R button is mapped to 'dump while_pressed', which will reverse the music while you hold the button down, then continue playing from from 'where it would have been', which is useful for 'bleeping' out bad language, etc. SHIFT+R will toggle pitch reset on/off.

If you want the button to do pitch reset without SHIFT, simply change the mapping for R as following:

var 'shift' ? dump while_pressed : pitch_reset

For jogwheel behaviour similar to the DAC-3 mapper, change the mappings of CP, SHIFT and JOG as follows:

JOG =

jog_wheel

CP =

down ? vinyl_mode : vinyl_mode

SHIFT =

wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed

If I have time at some point, I may make a VDJscript mapping similar to the DAC-3 mapper. However, I am too busy at present updating the Denon DN-HC4500 mapper

Posted Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 2:05 pm
JP

Thanks. It's a start. I don't know how many others, you have answered these questions for, but if you have been keeping track of your answers, and have them in an .xml, posting that would be a great help.

Thanks again for your help.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 4:36 pm
On the DAC 3 while pressing shift-R the pitch reset works, however when using just the R button the reverse feature kicks in and STAYS on.

It does not dump as described:

dump : reverse the playback direction while dump is active, then when deactivated, start again forward from where the song should have been if it had been playing forward during the dump.

It just reverses until the beginning of the song.

Am i missing something?

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 8:02 am
I notice on the lastest release (6.0.1) when you let go off the 'r' it plays normal again, only reverses when holding it down.

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 11:03 am
VIP DISCO & KARAOKE wrote :
On the DAC 3 while pressing shift-R the pitch reset works, however when using just the R button the reverse feature kicks in and STAYS on.

Another user had this problem - It was caused by safe mode being turned on.

Try turning this off in CONFIG button -> Performances

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 12:39 pm
djfs wrote :
I notice on the lastest release (6.0.1) when you let go off the 'r' it plays normal again, only reverses when holding it down.

That is how it is supposed to work in v6 - It's mapped to 'dump', which is used to 'bleep' out bad language (I..e: Hold it down momentarily for the duration of the bad word so the song plays in reverse. When released, it will play from where it would have been if you didn't pressed the R button, skipping the bad word.)

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 12:42 pm
Strange - downloaded the trial again and re-installed and still the same.

Did a factory reset and it now works!!

lol

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 2:51 pm
garyceePRO InfinityMember since 2007
OK, had to go back to old version of Virtual DJ to use my DAC3 with JPboggis Mapper, would like to progress to new version but have a problem. I rely heavily on the Waitlist+Load (load from wait list feature of the JPBoggis mapper. My problem is I can't figure out how to set two buttons simultaneously in the New version mapper. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Sun 27 Sep 09 @ 6:33 am
95%