Forum: Old versions

Topic: New 2009 Driver Hercules DJ Console Series PC & MAC - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Finally Hercules released an updated Windows driver for their Consoles today
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=1
2009-04-14
Hercules DJ Console Series - 2009_HDJS_1 package

Installation :
1- Uninstall the previous driver version: to do so, click Start/Settings/Control Panel. Select the Add or Remove Programs icon, then uninstall Hercules DJConsole Series drivers. Alternatively, you can simply launch this package: it will uninstall the previous drivers for you.
2- Restart your PC.
3- Launch this package to install the new drivers.
4- At the end of the installation, you may be prompted to update your firmware version if you have not already updated it. Please be sure to strictly follow the on-screen instructions for this very important procedure.
5- You are now ready to use your DJ controller.

Supported products

- DJ Control Steel
- DJ Console Rmx
- DJ Console Mk2
- DJ Console (MK1)
- DJ Control MP3

Changes :

- Minor bugfixes
- Avoids a potential issue in firmware update
- MIDI drivers update for DJ Console Rmx and DJ Control Steel to support a future MIDI utility

I havent had a chance to update it yet but has anyone been running into problems??
Has it fixed any issues??

Posted Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 3:26 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Yep, downloaded and installed.

But guys be careful after the drivers have installed there is a firmware update too.

We don't want any continuous flashing lights do we, lol

Posted Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 3:42 pm
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
just installed. wedding this weekend so fingers crossed there's no side effects associated with this update...

Posted Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 6:29 pm
hi, ive recently started using vista, upgraded to virtual dj pro, and tried to install the drivers for my mk2, not all install and then it tells me to disconnect any usb and then reconnect, and this goes on and on. anyone have any idea what the problem could be??

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 2:29 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
It is stable from what I can tell. I have not seen any obvious improvment or my 1 issue fixed.

VDJ forgets the effects in the 6x6 slots when you close VDJ and the RMX is still connected (and set as primary sound card). I just always forget to change the sound card (an established work around) before closing VDJ. So is it my fault, yes, but I just wish it worked the way it was intended to. I am sure there will be a fix soon, so I keep the faith:)

Posted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 5:07 pm
Now that I've had time to play around, I believe it is a very stable upgrade.

Posted Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 9:03 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
New MAC Driver
Hercules MK2-MP3-RMX-Steel MAC OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard) / v1.09
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/DJSeriesInstall_1_09.pkg.zip

Supported products

- DJ Control Steel
- DJ Console Rmx
- DJ Console Mk2
- DJ Control MP3

Installation procedure:
1- Click the link below to download the new driver for your Hercules DJ product
2- Once the download is complete, double-click the installation file and follow the instructions provided to install your drivers.

NOTE: At the end of the installation, you may be prompted to update your firmware version if you have not already updated it. Please be sure to strictly follow the on-screen instructions for this very important procedure.

Minimum System Requirements:
- MAC OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard)
- G4/G5 1.5 Ghz OR Intel Core Duo 1.66 Ghz and higher
- 512 Mb RAM

Changes :
- Unified driver package for all DJ Series products
- DJ Console MK2/ DJ Control MP3: Correct a LED related issues with Traktor Pro
- Update for DJ Console Rmx and DJ Control Steel related to support of a future MIDI utility
- Minor bug fixes

Posted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 3:01 am
NelsePRO InfinityMember since 2008
Has anybody had any issues with this upgrade, Before I do it??????

Cheers,
Nelse.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 3:07 am
Here all ok

tested on MK2-MP3-RMX-Steel ;)

Posted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 6:30 am
cioce wrote :
Here all ok ;)

Thumbs up from me too :)

Posted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 6:41 am
Still good here.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 3:08 pm
I did the update and firmware upgrade now scratch mode does not work. I tried my RMX on another laptop that did not have the upgrade and it worked fine. I will revert back to the old version and see if that helps.

Anyone else experienced this?

Posted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 3:58 pm
Nope, scratch was fine, except for the user error part. I will get better some day.

Posted Fri 24 Apr 09 @ 4:54 pm
djsyn7Home userMember since 2009
nooooO!!! i was already having probs with the f"·$ing drivers! and ive upgraded and its still worse.....anyone knows where can i download the 2006 drivers for mk2?? i really need them, ive heard they're really stable but i just can`t find them anywhere!!....plz!

Posted Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 2:47 am
Please contact Hercules Service support.

Posted Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 11:32 am
Upgraded last night. The system seems to be working great. No problems.

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 10:33 pm
hey you guys this is my first post in two years since i had my mk2 and joined the virtual dj family ....but here's my issue just bought a brand new laptop ."windows vista home premium" and installed the drivers for the mk2 = sucess ...also installed the updated virtual dj = sucess ...now when i click to start it up i get "Directx sound card error"....any solutions ...i tried googling for an answer but no luck please help and thanks in advance

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 5:13 pm
djsyn7Home userMember since 2009
this is a known problem.....yeiii i had vista too, i downgraded to xp though cause i had too many probs....but i could install succesfully (in vista) by uninstalling everything that had the name hercules and virtual dj in it, reboot, reinstall everything in one go, reboot again and voilá! remember u have to install everything by right-clicking and execute as administrator (even if u are in the administrator account) hope this helps, i had the same problem as u but this left me with no probs....

Posted Wed 29 Apr 09 @ 12:27 pm

Yep, downloaded and installed.

But guys be careful after the drivers have installed there is a firmware update too.

We don't want any continuous flashing lights do we, lol

I have on mine DJ CONSOLE RMX continuous flashing lights,using a pc not a mac and on my laptop and pc it whil not go away , i can work with it now and wanna know can i reboot it or something.
Please help me

Posted Tue 19 May 09 @ 10:59 am
jeremypitt wrote :

I have on mine DJ CONSOLE RMX continuous flashing lights,using a pc not a mac and on my laptop and pc it whil not go away , i can work with it now and wanna know can i reboot it or something.
Please help me

PM me your email address (don't post it on the Forum pages) and I can send you the Firmware reset pdf to you, and it should stop your backlights flashing.

Posted Tue 19 May 09 @ 11:14 am
80%