Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Setting up Numark Total Control in config

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just bought a Total Control, and I'm unsure how to set it up in the Config panel. I have the DJIO as well, and I can't figure out the settings. I assumed it was plug and play, but as I'm extremely inexperienced with VDJ and MIDI controllers I don't know how it all works.

Thanks for any help.

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 12:16 pm
DJ IO does NOT work with the MAc. totalControll setup is offered in the CONTROLLER settings.

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 3:24 pm
The Numark DJ|IO does work with Mac - the drivers are pre-installed in OSX. Just plug it and and let it do what it wants to do. The in VDJ set it up as you need - i usually have an external mixer so use that setting.

To activate the TC - simply plug it in and go into the VDJ config---->Remote Control-----> then activate the Numark Total Control (should go green surround)

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 3:32 pm
Excellent, managed to get it all working. Only problem now is that it doesn't seem to be mapped properly. I can control certain parts, but for instance the jogwheel does nothing, and neither do most of the buttons.

I know these are probably really basic problems, but yea, gota start somewhere.

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 3:50 pm
Have you definitely activated the Numark Total Control and not the ION iCue - (they look similar on the icons)

Make sure the controller is plugged directly into the Mac and not through a hub.

If you still have a problem then come back and i'll see if i can think of something else.

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 3:57 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi biscuitsdippedintea,

Also do make sure u update to the recent CUE LE v5.2.1 by registering ur serial in ur profile.

Kind regards;)

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 4:32 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djtouchdan wrote :
The Numark DJ|IO does work with Mac - the drivers are pre-installed in OSX. Just plug it and and let it do what it wants to do. The in VDJ set it up as you need - i usually have an external mixer so use that setting.

To activate the TC - simply plug it in and go into the VDJ config---->Remote Control-----> then activate the Numark Total Control (should go green surround)

The DJIO requires Mac Drivers, available at www.numark.com/DJIO

The Total Control is plug and play and is activated using the above procedure.

Posted Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 4:32 am
I don't remember downloading any drivers for Mac - maybe i did - was a little while ago now.

But they are on the website =)

Posted Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 8:37 am
Hello, I have a MacPro Installed my brand new VDJ for Mac and include the DJIO, I did follow the instruction above, download the driver and installed but is not working. I did installed the Total Control and the DJIO back to my all PC laptop and everything is working find.
What do I need to do after instaling the driver for DJIO.
The MacPro is 2.16GH with 2 GB ram running OSX 10.5.6. Please advice?
Thanks,

Posted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 11:44 pm
"error in driver of coreaudio"

I have read many forums about this issue and tried it all. But whatever I do, I cannot get my mac, DJio and total control to work.

specs:

macbook black, 2.4 g core duo, 4 gb ram
mac os 10.5.1
numark djio, direct plugged into macbook,driver version 1.6.6 installed
numark total control, direct plugged into macbook
Cue 5.2.1 LE

problem: I get the message: "error in driver of coreaudio".

What is the solution to this?

Greetings,

Marc

Posted Thu 25 Feb 10 @ 1:50 pm
eaantosPRO InfinityMember since 2009
We have the same issue as you.

DJIO works with our PC running VDJ though WILL NOT work on our MAC. It will only play out of one channel. We installed MAC DJIO drivers.

Funny thing is this worked fine and i think it stoped working when we upgraded to Snow Leporad.

Did you figure it out?

Posted Sat 01 May 10 @ 11:44 am
So I just got the numark total control and I have a Mac laptop coming in . Based on what I've read and heard that ,the numark total control doesn't work for macs. Is this true?

Posted Thu 12 Nov 15 @ 3:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)