Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: XP10 Swap Does Not Work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

All of a sudden my XP10s are controlling the wrong deck, as in the XP10 on the left controls the deck on the right and vice versa. I figured this is easy to fix, just hit the swap button in the XP10 config. To my surprise, it does absolutely nothing. I think the only way I can get this right again is to remove my XP10 from the case and swap them. Very frustrating. As a side note, the audio invert feature works as it should.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 4:12 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
does that mean u got the xp10's working without as many crashes? did you make any progress?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 4:12 pm
Please contact me on Msn.....Aaron this is got to stop...we gonna fix your problem once and for all
I will post the results....
btw i run Vdj, djconsole, tcv,Ozone controller all on a P3 so .........May be your problem is overkill although it does not make sense...seems a lot of us that do not crash have simple systems.Why?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 4:45 pm
listen2, the VDJ with my XP10s crash no more or no less than before. They crash the same amount. I can mitigate the crashes by just not scratching as much. Point is, I shouldn't have to. I made somemore crash videos last night in fact but I'll just keep them to myself. I was demonstrating that the crash and the jerkiness in the display is much more prevalent when the pitch sliders are not at 0% and the time stretch is enabled. This is so simple and easy to demonstrate, I have no idea why I am the only one who can see this. Frankly, I really don't care anymore. If the crash problem gets fixed, you'll see me back on the boards, posting and active. If not, I'll be busy looking for stable software to use with my XP10s. I have a big gig tomorrow night and I am considering using Bison instead of VDJ. But I may take my chances and use VDJ anyway. Who knows at this point.

Either way, this all is totally off-topic, as my post was with regard the "Swap" checkbox in the XP10 config in VDJ. It does absolutely nothing. I had to remove my XP10s from my custom case and physically swap them in order for the XP10 to correspond to the right deck. This is just wrong, and if I were at a gig and I was required to dismantle my setup because of a buggy VDJ then I'd be even more upset. Thankfully, I was at my house. When I get to my gig tomorrow night, I am crossing my fingers that the XP10 will correspnd to the right deck so I don't have to dismantle anything at the gig.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 6:54 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i'm sorry to hear that awesome......if i were you i'd try the bison software and get friendly with it, just for your gigs sake! i would not go in to a gig with half a heart and my vdj. i know some people have used it with no problems but it really should be more flexible with different pc setups. did you ever try TCV? i'd love to get my hands on some and try the demo, but $30 shipping is just painful, if you ever want to unload an xp10, i'm in the US EST

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 9:53 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This has happened to me as well, anewsome.

But your XP10's are listed as soundcard 1 and 2 in your VDJ setup, correct? If I understand your problem correctly, I solve it buy going into the soundcard setup and swapping the decks there. No need to physically swap them.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 05 @ 7:25 pm
Bargler, yes the XP10 soundcards are listed correctly on the soundcard tab and the Swap feature on that tab works exactly as it is supposed to, meaning: if i move my crossfader to the left and sound is playing from the deck on the right, if I go into the soundcard config and hit "Invert" then it works correctly. The deck on the right can now be heard if you move the crossfader to the right. This is good, that works.

What does not work is the XP10 swap. If I start pressing buttons on the XP10 on the right and it is controlling deck one (on the left), something is wrong. I should be able to hit the swap button on the XP10 config tab and fix this. No such luck. The Swap button does absolutely nothing. The XP10 on my right still controls the deck on the left. Hitting swap again does nothing again. The only way I found to fix this was physically remove the XP10s from my case and physically swap their positions.

This needs to be fixed.

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 1:41 am
Ah. I see what you mean. Just tried it myself and I can confirm that the swap button does nothing. In fact, it doesn't even seem to stay checked when I select it in the option->remote control panel and hit ok. Re-opening options->remote control shows that swap has not been selected.

Wouldn't swapping the USB cables at the PC, then inverting the soundcards in options allow you to work around the problem without physically removing the controllers from their coffin?

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 6:35 am
ivarPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 6:18 pm
Wow.

Problem documented in September. =(

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 6:26 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yup. I had even created http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=7091 in the bug report forum following that headache.

I wish there was some, even minimal, feedback on that bug report forum, e.g. "Thanks for notifying us and sorry about the problems this bug might have caused you. We've been able to recreate it and a fix will be scheduled in upcoming versions".

well, at least in this case there is a workaround, but between ivar, myself, and now anewsome, quite a few hours were wasted.

Nicolas

Posted Sun 13 Mar 05 @ 10:25 pm
yup djbambi, you are right. not a single post from a support member in this thread. hopefully swap function will be fixed in the next release (which I know I am ANXIOUSLY waiting for). if this feature actually worked it would save me a few headaches in the future.

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 1:41 am
does swap still not work? Because im ordering a lone xp10, and i NEED swap to work.

Posted Sat 21 May 05 @ 6:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)