Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i have a problem with my numark total control,the left hand play button does not work so i have to use mouse to start track.can i fix it or who can.i live mijas costa ,spain

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 5:00 am
DjBoy01PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Makes sense with that concern, now how about my other problem (platters not rotating at the same speed)? :-)

Thank You CSTOLL for the quick response

- DJ Boy

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 11:25 am
hi has anyone had any problems with Numark Total Control right jogwheel working intermittently with vdj 6.0.1?

also the crossfader 'bounces' if you slide it all the way to the left, you have to leave it just off its rest position otherwise the crossfader on screen goes mental! at the moment am leaving fader centralized and using the channel sliders instead, its that unreliable.

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 4:46 pm
I downloaded the new update for virtual dj. I had mu NS7 working with just a few kinks so I figured I would start over. I uninstalled everything form my colmputer including the NUMARK NS7...serato Itch and Virtual DJ. I then reinstalled everything and guess what....I am now not able to use the NS7 with virtual DJ. i know it's not a problem with the NS7 as I am able to use it with Serato Itch. Am I missing something here? Thye first time I downloaded the update it recognized the NS7 controller instantly. Now I'm gettikn nothing. Please Help!

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 6:49 pm
DjBoy01PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello,

Just wanted to report that I figured out the problem I was having with the left platter at regular speed and the right platter spinning faster. All I did was change the 45RPM to 33RPM which fixed the drifting between tracks.

Thank You

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 7:51 pm
CUE 6 is out...

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 6:45 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djfluke1 wrote :
well VDJ 6.0.2 came out, resulting in cue 6 to be out soon, resulting in no fix in the ICDX.

Even if they do find issues it wont be adressed until the next relese, as i dont see VDJ releasing a new version so soon.

If this issue happens just 1 more time, the ICDX' are gone.

Its a shame. As its truly above any midi controller on the market. People jsut dont know it. Even the scratching. You can do anything once you get adjusted. Such a great product with such bad marketing or lack of confidence from the manufacturer in my opinion.

+1 with the ICDX problem. Ive been asking for YEARS to get this fixed. Sigh. Managed to get through a 5 hour set with it only happening once last time, but then it happened 3 times in my gig the week before. I agree with djfluke, sometimes you have to dj for hours before this bug appears, but for me its at least once every gig.

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 6:09 pm
ok so i bought a numark m1usb and i recieved it today and started it up
i got virtual dj up and running and i set up the sound
now i went to change my eq levels and my cross fader and deck levels on the mixer and it wont work for some starnge reason
i move them back and forth but the cross fader on virtual dj still stays where it is
any help?

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 9:32 pm
Hey Simon,

Just an issue with the ICDX. Well a few things.

First off my miliseconds stay at 0 on the display, and my seconds are just changing. How can i change this on the display?

Second, after my cue point is set, i want to have the ability to hit cue 1 and go there, then hit cue 2 and have it go there etc... Currently it does a loop of some sort

Hope you understand what i mean.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 7:50 am
grug wrote :
djfluke1 wrote :
well VDJ 6.0.2 came out, resulting in cue 6 to be out soon, resulting in no fix in the ICDX.

Even if they do find issues it wont be adressed until the next relese, as i dont see VDJ releasing a new version so soon.

If this issue happens just 1 more time, the ICDX' are gone.

Its a shame. As its truly above any midi controller on the market. People jsut dont know it. Even the scratching. You can do anything once you get adjusted. Such a great product with such bad marketing or lack of confidence from the manufacturer in my opinion.

+1 with the ICDX problem. Ive been asking for YEARS to get this fixed. Sigh. Managed to get through a 5 hour set with it only happening once last time, but then it happened 3 times in my gig the week before. I agree with djfluke, sometimes you have to dj for hours before this bug appears, but for me its at least once every gig.

They (Numark) or virtual .First don't wanna recognize the problem and say :we cannot fix that problem, do wath U have to do)
2 they don't care
3 They Keep ,Having the picture of the ICDX in the controllers recomended. That really s...ks sorry for the people
who is going to spend their money(like us) for something that has that big problem and not working with virtual
(I don't think is the softhware virtual but please is been YEARS !!!!!!!!!
"""""" is scary TO USE ICDX with VIRTUALDJ""""" (any versions)when u have people in the middle of an event.

Posted Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 1:42 pm
Its work in progress guys so plz give both stakeholders (Atomix n Numark) some slack. We tend to always look where we reach and easily forgot about where we are coming from. Principally, this is the 1st issue of Ns7 natively being incorporated into vdj6.xx so common sense will tell that the next iteration will be much better than 6.0.2. Also to note is that Atomix is responsible for Numark VV product which will have the NUMARK Ns7, therefore once this is perfected in VV, we will automatically receive same.
I know you Ns7 owners are very anxious to see this hardware working seamless with vdj but its work in progress as this unit is:
1. very complex when compared with others in its category
2. was built around Serato Itch so the wheel will have to be re-invented so to speak for perfection with vdj.

This is just my 0.02 cents guys; remember patience is a "virtue" :)

Posted Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 6:28 pm
figured out the cue points issue...

now if i can just get my display to display my milli seconds.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 6:38 pm
Hi!

I am having issues with one of my DMC2 controllers. I am a multi-op and I've replicated the same issue on two different computers using VDJ 6.0.2 and the same DMC2. When using my other three controllers, all three computers run perfectly fine.

The issue at hand is that the audio begins to stutter, first on the right deck, then the left after about an hour of play. You can hear the stuttering music as well as see it in the virtual dj program and on the time display on the DMC2. I've found the only way to stop the problem is to stop the show, close virtual dj, unplug the controllers usb, plug it back in, and re-open virtual dj. This is quite embarrassing at shows. Is it possible its a bad usb cable and if so, does the dmc2 use special usb cables? I own four DMC2's and this one is the only one with the issue. Any help is appreciated?

~Sean

Posted Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 6:13 pm
Hi there!

Here is my problem..

I run VDJ6 with a Numark Total Control and this works very fine.

I also have an external soundcard (behringer uca-202 u-control) which i would like to use for the headphones, and of course an onboard soundcard for my speakers.

When I am not having the Numark total control plugged in, this works very fine in the "2 soundcard config" with my onboard soundcard as master, and external as headphones.

Also, when I am not having the external soundcard plugged in, but is using the Numark total control, there is no problems.

The problem occurs when im trying to use both at the same time. When I do this, the Numark Controller reacts fine, but there is no sound in my headphones.

Im running vista 32 bit on a Athlon X2 dual core 2ghz with 4 GB RAM.

What should I do??

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 1:39 pm
Also..

When I have the Numark Total Control plugged in (working totally fine), and choose the "mono separated" setting, there is only sound in of my speakers.

This indicates that it is Virtual Dj/total control issue, and that my external soundcard works fine.

thank you in advance

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 1:50 pm
I am running Numark Librarian on my DDS Hard Drive and it gives me the errors listed below. It gives me the same message if I use Fast, Normal, Full or Advanced. Ther Hard Drive is formatted as FAT32. I also tried deleting the .library folder to see if a NEW rebuild would help out only to get the same error message. I have been able to do this in the past on this hard drive and it worked fine.

I don't know what else to do to get my files to show up on the DDS & be searchable now. Any suggestions?

The Library on F:\ now contains:
- -1 tracks
- -1 albums
- -1 artists
- -1 seek tables
- 0 profiles

1 tracks require seek tables to be built.
Tracks will load to the deck faster if you build these seek tables.

Librarian suffered an internal error.
- E90:Unrecoverable Akai::Error
- E95:N4Akai5ErrorE
- E96:Filesystem error

Posted Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 11:00 am
im using 6.0.2
and it works fine the first 30 minutes then after a buzzing sound....what settings should i use?

my laptop is
asus m70vm
t9600 dual core
4 gb of ram
nvidia gt 9650 1gb dedicated
1 tb 7200 rpm hardrives (2 500's 7200 rpm 16mb cache)

also i use an external hardrive thats 2tb full of videos and when i do searches it freezes for atleast 2 minutes.

Posted Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 8:14 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Pancho wrote :
im using 6.0.2
and it works fine the first 30 minutes then after a buzzing sound....what settings should i use?

You didn't mention what numark hardware you are using? This thread is for Numark products.
If you are getting a buzzing sound after 30 minutes could it be from a program scanning your computer eg, virus scanner, defragger, file manager, any caching programs. Have you tried changing your video card settings in the nvidia driver application. Have you checked in control panel, system , devices making sure all hard drives dont go into sleep mode. Checked your task manager to see if there are any other programs that have started up between first opening VDJ and from when the buzzing sound happens? Sounds more likely another software issue somewhere else not in vdj.

Posted Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 8:29 am
im using the NUMARK OMNI

Posted Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 10:03 am
I´m trying out Virtual DJ and I have the same problem, when turning any encoder it simply goes to min o max!
I´ve been messing arround with the setting but have no luck.
My best regards.

Posted Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 2:03 pm
13%