Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ok pretend i know nothing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

just downloaded the trial and trying to figure out the best way to organize my playlist. I can access from my music files.. but i have to search for the song and thenm click and drag. any way I can just type in the artist or son I want to cue it up?
Thanks from a beginner

Posted Wed 09 Mar 05 @ 12:22 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi and welcome.

- The database is a very useful tool. You just have to type a few letters and all your tracks containing these letters appear. Then you can drag the one you want.
- It's not possible for the software to know which track you want from a named artist.
- Then you can also use shortcuts to load the song.

(Excuse me if I'm wrong but english is not my first language)
Tell me if my answer is enough for you.

You'll se it's an amazing software.
Clax

Posted Wed 09 Mar 05 @ 2:50 am
I map my "J" key on my keyboard so it functions like pressing "J" in winamp. When you press J in winamp it pops up a window and you just start typing letters of the song/artist/album you looking for. When you type enough letters it narrows down to the right song. Either that or you can type a few letters then start scrolling through the results. Either way it's very fast! At any time using the program I can press "ESC" in case I was already in a half finished search, then press jtoss and instantly "2 Pac - Toss It Up" is listed in the database search window. You can also map a key to have this song added to the playlist I believe. I personally don't use playlists cuz the songs seem to disapear from there after you play them, then when you try to load them on the other deck to do some beat juggling, the song is gone. There should also be a feature to copy the song on the other deck to this deck quickly but that's another topic for another forum. You shouldn't post feature requests here, so I won't.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 05 @ 1:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)