Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: need help with my mac and virtual vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HOPEFULLY SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME

MY PROBLEM IS THAT I JUST SWITCHED TO MAC AS I WAS TOLD IT WAS 10 TIMES MORE RELIABLE , IAM A PRO DJ AND HAVE USED NUMARK VIRTUAL VINYL FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS ON A PC AND HAVE HAD NO REAL PROBS.

ITS NOT A MAJOR PROBLEM BUT IT IS A LITTLE ANNOYING YOU SEE I PLAY WITH THE CUE SOFTWARE AND THE NUMARK SOUND CARD AND THE TIMECODE CDS ON 2 PIONEER CDJ 1000 MK3 AND ITS A QUALITY SET UP BUT THE CDS ARE PLAYING LIKE VINYL I HAVE SET IT TO CD IN THE CONFIG MENU AND TAKEN IT OFF RELATIVE AND MOVED TO SMART AND IT STILL PLAYS LIKE VINYL.

I WOULD REALLY BE GLAD IF YOU HAVE ANY HINTS OR TIPS TO GET THIS SORTED ,

A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF WHATS HAPPENING : I PLAY OUT ON DECK 1 AND THEN MIX IN DECK 2 THEN GO TO PRESS CUE ON THE CDJ AND IT SLOWS DOWN LIKE A VINYL ON A HILL ( SLOW AS HELL ) AND AFTER PRESSING IT 3 TIMES IT DOES EVENTUALLY STOP AND GO BACK TO CUE POINT AT BEGINNING OF RECORD BUT WHEN I LOAD ANOTHER TUNE TO DECK 1 IT SAYS ITS STILL PLAYING .

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT AS I GOT 2 GIGS THIS WEEKEND AND WOULD LIKE TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM
CHEERS TO ANYONE THAT CAN HELP

Posted Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 8:59 am
I'm a recent license purchaser as well. I've been using VDJ at home for a cpl of weeks - no live gig yet. I'm still using a combination of iTunes (to Search), Megaseg and M-Audio's Torq for my gigs. Anyway...

Did you download and burn the proper timecode discs? All I know is the pro quality stuff (like Pioneer CDJs) require a different timecode disc. I downloaded the "Pro Grade Sound Level" ones (on the right) and they work fine with the Pioneer CDJs. I hope this helps you.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/cd.html

Posted Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 8:16 pm
You obviously have your CDJs set to some sort of "brake" setting which is what is causing the track to come to a slow stop. You need to set your cue options on your CDJs to come to an instant stop if you want VDJ to do the same. VDJ is only mimicking the behavior of your CDJs. If your CDJs are set to come to a slow brake when you hit cue or pause or whatever then VDJ will do likewise. As for VDJ telling you there is another song playing when you go to load a new track; it's because you've got your security in the config menu set to "ask". Change it to "none" if you don't want the warning message. BTW, typing in all capitols comes across as if you're yelling.

Posted Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 11:15 pm
Cheers guys much appreciated will give all of these a try on my next gig .

Someone also told me that when i turn my mac on i should have the sound card plugged in to avoid any glitches .
Can you shed any light on this , is it true ?

and P.S. I did not mean to come across as shouting but it was a little annoying what was happening

If anyone has any other tips or tricks then let me know would be really good to know

cheers Dj Stevie D

Posted Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 7:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)