Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Dell XPS systems are great!!! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
just be sound wrote :
to jimmy b...
i was going to try the driver but it says it's for vista only.... would it work with xp?...cant find the info on the site.

Sorry mate for that.

I've just been on the Nvidia site and got this

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/geforce_notebook_winxp_179.48_beta_uk.html

It looks the same driver as the Vista one, but this one has XP in the title

Posted Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 9:48 am
not at all...thanks for that...=)

i tried the new modded nvidia driver... it's starts with 185.. something something.....didn't work...same video/ audio problem....the video tracks then stops and either i have no audio( or low crackling) and the video tracks with the times code....or everything sounds fine the video keeps up but then freezes and the audio keeps going..... also i noticed that it's only when i chose timecode in the sound options that my cpu peaks, but if i just picks numark soundcard, 2 channel mixer and no timecode, then it works fine, i used the latency checker, it's all small green bars but then when i triguer timecode, it barely goes in the yellow every now and then....

i tried to turn off the usb video driver( assuming it's the web came driver)...... i cant figure this out....but i feel i'm getting closer..

any help helps...

thanks for your time....

Posted Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 10:17 am
wow...well this driver works the best up to now, the only issue i'm having is when i stop the deck with timecode then as soon as it's fully stoped, the track keeps playing right thru at ridiculusly fast speeds, also for video i have to turn off hardware accelarator to get the video to not freeze, but then the video looks all Choppy, it's a small file also....it shouldn't do that...

anybody...???

thanks to jimmy b for helping me out....it's better then it's ever been.
sorry for stealing the post...i should probably start my own
any idea witch driver is doing this, cant figure out what driver to

Posted Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 10:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)