Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DXM01USB with virtual dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

simple question - does it work?

using a dual core pentium laptop using xp

Posted Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 5:20 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
simple answer: yes...caveat....it is not a midi mixer so the crossfader will not move

Posted Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 6:03 pm
it will work with the minumium requirments for running VDJ and will send the music to the mixer so it wond move anything in VDJ only once its left the computer, also its a very good mixer, ive used it before and now i have a DXM 09

Posted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 3:29 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ive been using the DXM01USB for awhile now. I regularly get good coments about the sound through it. Alittle bit of configuring is needed if you run video such as disable crossfader in VDJ.

Posted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 9:50 pm
so if it won't move the crossfader, what is it supposed to be used for? its a usb mixer so obviously for a computer. you'll have to forgive me - i'm not very technical...

my hercules mk2 has bust, and so i'm looking for something else - not hercules again! it always felt a bit like a toy mixer compared to others i've seen around

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 9:22 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
lemonzorba wrote :
so if it won't move the crossfader, what is it supposed to be used for?

The crossfader on the mixer will only crossfade between the 2 different channels of sound that VirtualDJ sends out. It won't control the crossfader in the software, (you need a mixer that is mid capable for that).

You will have to disable the crossfader in the software.

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 9:29 am
hmm, no I want a mixer that will control the crossfader in the software. Anyone got any recommendations for that?

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 9:53 am

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 10:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)