Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Is this possible as a video effect...?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I'm just looking for visuals to play with mp3 files. I'm struggling to find some great looking ambient DVDs (suggestions please).

Then I remembered about the rabid hamster R4 program, opened it and it looks pretty sweet! So here's the thing, it's a stand alone visuals program, not a freeframe plugin or anything.

So I guess I could get in touch with the developer and see if they fancy making it a freeframe plugin- but I bet they wouldn't do that for free!

So here's my thought that may or may not be possible...

Could a video plugin be make that is simply "transparent"? So basically it just shows the extended desktop (or anything else that's open underneath the vdj video window) instead of anything that's on virtual dj. Obviously that would be boring, just the background from your desktop. But what if you had your favourite visuals program/winamp plugin running full screen on the extended desktop?

Does that make any sense? Basically you could make vdj output anything you wanted just by putting it on the extended desktop underneath the video window. It could open you up to loads of cool stuff: powerpoints, DVDs, web pages, etc.

Anyone know if that's possible? Any volunteers to make it if it is?

:-)

Posted Wed 04 Mar 09 @ 6:32 am
I belive you can use Sonique plugin. It will make same effect i think.
i hope i understood your question right.
Tjeck

Posted Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 4:42 am
Yeah, you're right, I could use the sonique plugins. But they don't all look very good, some of them look a bit dated. And the R4 ones are customisable, you can add your own graphics and all kinds of clever stuff!

I think what I'll do is to use fraps to record the visuals, then play them using the vdj clipbank.

Like I said though, this transparent plugin would be cool if it was easy to do.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 11:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)