Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Forced beatlock

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It could be that I'm a complete British Dim Wit but I'm sure I'm experiencing a problem with the newly purchased VDJ product I'm sure I didn't have with the trial version and I have studied the manual completely.

OK.. my style rarely requires me to beat mix although it's sometimes very desireable! All of a sudden I think since the product purchase as opposed to the trial version. VDJ insists on a forced pitch change when loading the next track. This happens without beatlock selected, without the playlist autoplay option selected and with no sync tab pressed (I use the CDJ-100s v3 skin by Paky G & snake cos I'm familiar with Pioneer) The time code button is selected on load and Dim Wit me cannot work out what if anything it does.

Even more peculiar slow songs are coming up with rather higher than expected bpm counts in the library... the net result is that, without constantly manually reseting the pitch each song gets increasingly slower! I want my job made easier here and 100% pitch is the norm for most of my work.

Moreover the Master tempo toggle now selects both decks at once or deselects BOTH with a second click. This is not a worry because I normaly select it when I take the lid off my console anyway but it strikes me as odd that on the trial version they were definitely independant as is with the real article.

Apologies for a complicated post but I do run an agency for DJ's and have been tasked to do a full evaluation here and I have a demo to arrange just as soon as the hardware is sorted and my guys are lining up behind me.

Thanks in advance for anyone here who can help and please feel free to prove me a Dim Wit, frankly that is what I'm expecting to be the case.

Kind regards

Paul

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 11:49 pm
Possible "Dimmo" here again but I've just had one of my associates on the blower with credit card in hand. He too has no problem with the trial, but is anxious now and looking closely at this article.

This must be me.. but how come??

Posted Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 1:18 am
Managed to resolve the problem myself after reading an earlier posting. For anyone experiencing the same problem, in the FAME settings Auto BPM can be disabled. I found the "Smart" setting works best for me.

Posted Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 12:06 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Happy to see that you resolved your problem.
Good mix.

Posted Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 12:24 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
And for master tempo, either demo or full version, are for both decks. I hope a change too soon

Posted Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 7:22 pm
I hope too ;)

Posted Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 10:51 pm
Thanx for the replies.. I think I must have overlooked that the master tempo was in fact allied to both decks but agree that these should be seperated.

Back in 1979 a track by Herb Alpert called "Rise" was produced on 12" and in the UK at least gained recognition in dance circles by being routinely played at 45 rpm as opposed to the normal 33rpm. I recall this was called a speed. Does anyone remember that one or know of any other such occurrence in history?

Myself I think the track was too fast at 45rpm but much better than the original. With master tempo selected the instrumental track sounds better still at a raised tempo. In fact virtue of VDJ I've just heard that track in a way I've wanted to for the 1st time since 1979.

Posted Tue 08 Mar 05 @ 3:37 am
Maybe post a topic about these curiosities in the music section.
I think some good tracks histories would be posted ;-)

Posted Tue 08 Mar 05 @ 1:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)