Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Frame/Stutter Cueing should be added

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For us CD users, this is a must. VirtualDJ should not be limited to "vinyl" style cueing.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 8:59 pm
I don't now how many times this has been requested. Still waiting.

Posted Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 11:56 pm
It is actually IDIOTIC that this feature has never been included. Most of us use CDs and have grown accustomed to frame/stutter cueing. This is why MANY DJs stay away from this program, and why I will not buy this program.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 5:41 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
legaldeejay wrote :
It is actually IDIOTIC that this feature has never been included. Most of us use CDs and have grown accustomed to frame/stutter cueing. This is why MANY DJs stay away from this program, and why I will not buy this program.

And this is a feature in the industry that only existed because engineers originally didn't know how to stop the sound processing when the decks were stopped. Why would you need this type of feature when you can look at the rhythm wave and see the sound. I know the feature is personal preference and I understand why it is asked for ... but I would argue that though you don't hear it - you do 'see' it and people need to re-train themselves. Also, most of the High Grade decks don't even use this 'feature' anymore.

Again, I understand its a personal preference and way of doing things ... just giving my personal feedback as a DJ. This is not to say that a feature like this wouldn't be implemented ... just wanted to comment ...

Posted Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 6:54 am
I disagree that the rhythm wave dispenses with the need for frame/stutter cueing. As a mobile DJ, you don't always cue a track on a beat; it is often necessary to cue on a vocal, and the rhythm wave will not necessarily indicate the beginning of the particular vocal you need to start from. This is especially necessary when doing candlelighting ceremonies at Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and Sweet 16s when you need to play from the chorus. With frame/stutter cueing, it makes the job a cinch. With vinyl style cueing in VirtualDJ, it is often a difficult task.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 8:10 am
This is really like any other feature, not everyone needs it or finds it useful. It is only meaningful for those who care about it and find it useful. There is more than one way to do accomplish something. Doesn’t mean one way is always better than the other. Hopefully it eventually makes it as a feature.

Posted Mon 09 Mar 09 @ 3:22 pm
njonkerPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Well, +1 for stutter cue here.

For me personally, I can listen, spin a jog dial and press a button while using one ear and one hand, no eyes involved. I find this method more accurate and faster than looking at the wave form. (I happen to be visually handicapped, for me it's a big deal).

Niels.

Posted Mon 26 Oct 09 @ 11:14 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You don't need the waveform; the current cueing method still gives audio feedback. I don't personally anticipate stutter cueing being added....

Posted Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 5:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)