Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I thought I had everything det up and working. The choon were playing on my TCV's. But today i was tring and i couldnt hear anything, i thought that it night be an auto config thing again but bwhen i tried it i got an error saying error in the ASIO sounddriver.
I dont have an ASIO sounddriver. Just a numark one that came with the package and before anyone says it i have the numark soundcard set up in my sound settings.
Can someone please help??

Posted Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 9:48 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Try another cable, the one your using might be bad. Also, when you go to the sound set up in VDJ does it show your soundcard?

Posted Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 12:46 pm

First of all, if you have the VV package, you should register your serial here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

To get the upgrades for free.

Anyways, the Numark card can ONLY run in ASIO, you you definitively have asio soundcard.

"Error in Asio" means your current soundcard setting is not logic, so go you VDJ/CUE/VV soundcard setting and make sure all is correct and connected.

:)

Posted Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 1:31 am

Thanks mate. Im at work now so it will be later when i check it.
Im not really understanding what you mean by i definately have the asio souncard, the numark one is the only one i have?
my sound setting is TCV/EXTERNAL MIXER/VVSOUNDCARD. This is how it was when it worked the first time for me
I was looking at forums and the main problem i seen is the USB terminal. I disconnected it to go online and im not sure if i connected the soundcard in the previous terminal. I couldnt find the souncard in my control panel to un-install and then re-install

Posted Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 2:16 am
yes..

If you installed something else on the port, try reinstall

The numark soundcard ONLY have asio drivers, and only runs in asio mode ;) So that was what i was saying;)

Posted Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 11:28 am
Understood. But I cant find the soundcard in my control panel. I have done bloody everything. Im about to fuck the soundcard up against the wall man!!!!!!
Im sick of this bullshit. If I knew this was gonna happen then i would have made an effort in making a card myself. Fuck plug and play. And numark dont seem to give a shit. Dont even give you the right business hours. I knew I should have bought Serato

Posted Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 12:05 pm

Ok.. calm down a litte..hehe.. ;)
We'll sort it..

Its plug and play, and its usually very easy to set up...

BUT, due to the nature of Windows, USB drivers can get messed up (and this goes for Serato USB box soundcard too, no difference)

Your Numark soundcard (or Serato for that matter), will not show in Windows soundcards, because (both) arent normal soundcards.
Its pro grade asio only driven cards, and will ONLY work in apps that supports such low latency cards and drivers, such as Numark VV or Serato.

What you need to do, is plug the card in...
Then from the Numark install disk, reinstall the drivers...

If that doesnt work, try go to windows control pannel >> system >> hardware devices tab and locate the Numark soundcard (will only show when plugged in)

Then right click it , and choose REMOVE drivers. Disconnect the Numark box. Then install the drivers again WITHOUT the box plugged into the pc. And after install is finished, plug the box back into the pc.

That should fix any driver issues.

IF your still having problems let me know...

(and btw, your usb port possibly having some USB audio driver conflict, would not have been solved by using Serato)

Alternatively, you can also try pluging the box into a different usb port

Posted Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 12:38 pm
Cheers. And i dont think i'll throw the card against the wall just yet (its too expensive!!)
I'll check it ou later, but i have plugged it into a different usb driver and it did an install but i still get the same problem. I tried to re-install the drivers using the disk but I couldnt find the set up for it. Whats it called??

I check it out later and get back to you.
Thanks mate

Edit by Cioce
Please reply to message with and not with quote button ;)

Posted Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 4:49 am
croaghcreg wrote :

I tried to re-install the drivers using the disk but I couldnt find the set up for it. Whats it called??

Its a INF file, located in a folder on the disk.. its not out in the open so to speak..
At work now, but will post up the info as soon as I get home to verify the location and filename on the disk...

(unless someone reads this, and replies the "how to.." before i get home)

:)

Posted Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 5:31 am
Dont worry, i'll stick with ur advice. It gets too confusing when you have different opinions coming from all angles.
Im at work myself so i guess we'll chat later
I looked at the disc last night and couldnt find the INF file.
I must have been looking in the wrong place

Posted Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 5:54 am
DJ IN NORWAY:
I did what you asked but still couldnt find my souncard (it is powered up, the light is on anyway)
And I cant find the INF file on the disc.
Im using windows vista
But im after trying to auto config again and the asio error is not coming up any more but it wont config. A red light comes up below the timecode signal saying silent

Posted Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 12:26 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
croaghcreg wrote :
DJ IN NORWAY:
I did what you asked but still couldnt find my souncard (it is powered up, the light is on anyway)
And I cant find the INF file on the disc.
Im using windows vista
But im after trying to auto config again and the asio error is not coming up any more but it wont config. A red light comes up below the timecode signal saying silent

Contact me directly I have some ideas, sbangs[at]numark[dot]com

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 5:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)