Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual Vinyl Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Having massive troubles trying to get VV to work, is driving me up the wall.

I have everything wired up correctly, from my turntables to my mixer and to the soundcard. Problem is, whenever I choose Timecodes as my input, they show the track running and respond accordingly, however no sound comes through my mixer. If I have sound setup as a 3 lines mixer and VV soundcard WITHOUT the turntables, the tracks will play normally without any problems what-so-ever, sound and all.

Checked my needles etc, no problems there as they play normal vinyl without a problem. Just odd that no sound registers when I have timecodes set as my input.
Im updated to version 5.2.1 Pro which I think is the most recent. Any help would be great!

Posted Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 12:16 am

check your OUTPUT settings.

What you use as input (timecode) should have no affect on your outputs.

Posted Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 12:21 am
Justice.Fresh

Professional edition user
Posted Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 12:16 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having massive troubles trying to get VV to work, is driving me up the wall.

I have everything wired up correctly, from my turntables to my mixer and to the soundcard. Problem is, whenever I choose Timecodes as my input, they show the track running and respond accordingly, however no sound comes through my mixer. If I have sound setup as a 3 lines mixer and VV soundcard WITHOUT the turntables, the tracks will play normally without any problems what-so-ever, sound and all.

Checked my needles etc, no problems there as they play normal vinyl without a problem. Just odd that no sound registers when I have timecodes set as my input.
Im updated to version 5.2.1 Pro which I think is the most recent. Any help would be great!

Im having the same problem. Only when i try ti auto config my TCV it registers an error saying that my cables are not connected or the sound on my souncard is wrong.
Firstly i know my cables are ok and secondly i dont know of any way to adjust the sound on the soundcard.

I have set mine up for external mixer (i have tried 3 line mixer too but same shit)

Also my software opens as cd decks...... I dont know how to change that.

I have no broadband at home yet so i had to download thew new software (5.2.1) at work. I still have to get home and upload it yet, will this help??

Posted Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 6:12 am
Unlikely as I am also using 5.2.1 and am getting no results. Still stuck

Posted Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 4:58 pm
things seem to have taken a little turn for the better. i uploaded the new software and i went to auto config my TCV it no longer says that no tcv is not playing. but now it wont auto config. once i press auto config the qualty just switches back to silent. its getting really frustrating now. when i change my sound settings and pess play on my software i can hear my music playing through my mixer (im currently in between speakers so im listening on my headphones). And thats another thing, I shouldnt have to press play on my my software to get the music to play. I should just have to play the vinyl and shouldnt it just play?? I cant get the software to change from cd decks to turntables

Posted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 5:42 am

check your OUTPUT settings.

What you use as input (timecode) should have no affect on your outputs.

What should the output settings be?? Just numark soundcard?

Posted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 5:44 am
Got it. I stupidly hadnt got the tcv's playing at the right time so of course it wouldnt auto config would it. In the immortal words of Homer Simpson WWOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOO.

HAPPY OUT :)

Posted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 6:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)