Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help Needed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a pub and one of my DJ's uses Virtual DJ 5.0 running on XP, the problem he is having is when loading a music video it also loads the song afterwards. The music and video will play as normal but as the video finishes just the song plays again. When it loads you can see it loading twice so takes a while. Yet if he plays it on windows media/quicktime it just plays the video no repeat of the song. This problem also means automix is unable to be used.

Any help on resolving this problem would be appreciated by myself and my DJ.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 10:12 pm

hum... Thats strange

Does the videos he use have 2 soundtracks?

Like Acapella version, Original version, Clean version etc...

And are the video files coded as stereo ?

What kind of video files do you use ? (avi, mpeg etc)
Are they ripped to harddrive first?

And do they come from a certain DVD provider?

Posted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 10:18 pm
He gets his videos from various places, mininova etc. They used to play ok but this past week the problem started. No there aren't any other versions, at least not with the videos. They used to be stored on an external hard drive but are now on the pc's main hard drive, could that be part of the cause(moving them?) They used to work fine when on the external. He's uninstalled Virtual DJ and re-installed it trying to fix it but with no success.

He uses mpegs and avi's.

I searched the Forum to see if anyone else had this problem but couldn't find anything, hence registering. As it's for my DJ not myself i'm sorry if i can't give you all the knowledge you require immediately but will find it out for you.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 10:48 pm

Actually never heard of such a problem, so just thinking out loud what i can be.. .
Guessing it might have been a 2 track video file..

But its not.. so , did you install some codecs lately?

I would advice you to install the K-Light codec pack, and reinstall VDJ
Something have gotten severely messed up, and I have a hard time trying to figure out what.. . Other than possibly decoding issues

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm

Posted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 11:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)