Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Newbie

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kaotikPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey I have some simple questions I am trying to add my head phones and a mixer can somebody please help me set up. I have my 1200 coming off of ebay and ready to start banging. Somebody please help me out I ma using a sony ampliphier normally used for a home theater but it will do the job for now. HELP ME PLEASE THS MIXER IS NOT WORKING

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 2:29 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi kaotik.

Please edit your profile and tell us your spec. This way we will be able to help you.
Check also the manual; there is a lot of tips inside.

No problem with a hi-fi amplifier. However try not to work with the volume above 2/3.

Good mix.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 5:00 pm
Yeah I read that and it didn't help me at all I am eventually going to have a set up similar to the set up that Dj getdown was giging to. But I can't even get started. I am an old school Dj that alwasy worked on other peoples equipment. I know have my own tools to work with it feels good. All I ma trying to get at is to just have my mixer and headhpone working My technics are on their way. I have a very basic stanton mixer two chanel. The headphones are headphones nothing spaectacular. I ma getting sound out of the mixer but it is not in sequence with the fadre on the computer screen. Please give me some sugestions. I have .a prty to do this weekend and need this stuff to work. I would reslly appreciate it.

kaotik

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 8:22 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well, the thing is: moving levels/buttons/fader etc. on the mixtable WILL NOT correspond visualy on the computer, since you don't have any feedback to computer which virtual dj would recognise. All you need to do, is set one audio output from your computer to one channel on the mixer, and same for the second. Whether you choose 2 soundcards (2 stereo outputs) or just one (2 mono outputs with Y-split cabel), is up to you - mixing will be the same, and just like on a CD player / Vinyl. Just manipulate the track with the controller (or Time Coded Vinyl or mouse), while you mix 2 outputs on the mixtable.

In short version: you don't need to use faders and EQ buttons on Virtual Dj AT ALL, if you are using an external mixtable :)

Regards.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 8:39 pm
O.k I kind of understand. I will try it when I get home. I had brought a Y-split for the headphones. I appreciate VDJ and all the help. Please don't get aggrivated with me when i stert to ask more complicated questions. I just want what i paid for.

kaotik

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 9:31 pm
Your "Y" plug on the single side needs to be a stereo 1/8". Then it needs to split to a right and a left plug.

On my "Y" end, the output to mixer/amp goes to a single RCA jack, then, I put a "Y" splitter on that so there can be a fake L/R. On the headphone side I have a 1/8" barrel connector since the chord I bought ended up with a male 1/8" plug.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 10:00 pm
Can somebody break this down for me I am having some serious issues. Do I need to y splitters

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 3:32 am
OK dude..... simple:Split the sound from your computer to 2 channels on your mixer
Connect the output of your mixer to the aux input in your amp
Clik on config-soundcard-then activate fourth pic from top (splitter/mixer pic)
Andre

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 4:17 am
O.k I did that the mixer is now working.... But when I went to record some mixes both channels are playing only when I record... Basically I hear both channels on my recording. When I am mixing it's a thing of beauty. But I then replay my mix and channel two and one are together any Idea. Brothers help me out. I want to show off to me friends.

Posted Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 4:02 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you read carefully, I mentioned that levels on software will not be moved while using external mixer, thus if you record the sound internally (with VDJ), both channels will be "heard" (recorded) unlike on speakers.

If you want to record what you hear, you'll have to split the master output (from your external mixer) to two cabels, where one goes to speakers, and the other one back to one of computer soundcard's "line-in" inputs. So you record the line-in with another recording software (such as cool edit). Or better yet, with two computers, route the second cable to the second computer, where you can record the mix with line-in input, but the performance will be better, since each computer will be performing only one task (one mixing, other recording).

Regards.

Posted Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 5:21 pm
Thanks
Kaotik

Posted Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 5:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)