Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual Vinyl Set-Up with 2 CD + Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello. I am having difficulty getting this set-up to work.

Laptop:
- I bought a Vista 64-bit system recently to run this software, but later realized it wasn't compatible so I just purchased a new Vista 32-bit system with the recommended RAM and processing speed.
CD Players:
- 2 Denon DN-S5000
Mixer:
- 1 Pioneer DJM-909

A few things I can't do:
- Lost all looping and sample functions on my Denon DN-S5000s
- Unable to get my Pioneer DJM-909s crossfaders to work with software (without this, I might as well just buy those iPod mixer things - Haha)

What I can do:
- Manipulate the music/video files with the players so I know there is some hardware/software recognition

What I've done:
- Followed instructions on Virtual Vinyls set-up according to the manual (ie - plug USB hardware in, insert installation CD, and just went through the install wizard). It went through the set-up, but I've noticed there is a "red light" on my Virtual Vinyl box --- is that suppose to turn green if the hardware is fully recognized?
- Connected hardware according to the diagram in Numark's manual
- Timecoded CDs with auto-configuration and I did receive a green light
- Downloaded most recent version of Virtual Vinyl (currently running v5.2.1)

I see people mentioning the Maya USB soundcard, but I'm hoping that Numark box is all I need.

Final question:
- After I get it fully functioning, is running to my PA just as simple as Master Out on my mixer to the Aux-In on my amp? I will be using this set-up as a Club DJ.

Thanks all for your help!

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 1:01 pm
Problem solved! Here's how:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled. That's all and everything works fine now.

Loving the possibiltiies with this new set-up.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 12:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)